Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Personally I would prefer Prodrive, US and Litespeed to gain the three available slots.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasted Talent
    So what has happened to USGP?

WT
    usf1

Q: how soon can they put a team together peter windsor said that they have been working on usgp(usf1) for 4 years
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Q:will prodrive be overlooked because of the pull out in 2007 for last year

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=329942

Sports car [color=#0033cc !important]builder[/color] Lola Racing bills itself as the largest-selling customer race car supplier in the world. The company's closest association with F1 was the Haas Lola team that entered the 1985 and 1986 championships. That team was founded by Carl Haas and Teddy Mayer and was not a Lola factory-backed team.
    Litespeed is an English Formula Three team whose principal, Nino Judge, worked in F1 as an engineer. BBC Sport reported Litespeed will work with the Mike Gascoyne-led MGI Ltd. Gascoyne worked for a half-dozen F1 teams, including as technical director for Jordan, Renault and Toyota.
    http://www.litespeedf3.com/home.html
    ‘We are delighted that MGI is on board with us – their expertise, experience and
    understanding of potential pitfalls are invaluable to any team to which they put their
    name and professionalism. MGI will be working to Litespeed’s brief and will act as
    technical consultants to the team.
    ‘Litespeed’s commitment to technical development within motorsport is already well
    documented through our undertakings in British F3 and the fact that we have taken
    the initiative a month ahead of the announcement of the successful team applicants
    on 12th June demonstrates our steadfast attitude towards F1. By the middle of June
    we will have a fully schemed F1 chassis.’
    Both Nino Judge and Steve Kenchington have previous experience of the F1 circuit.
    Judge worked in aerodynamics and R&D structure testing for Team Lotus F1 from
    1989-91, whilst Kenchington was one of the originators of ‘Lotus Active’ and was
    responsible for control systems at Lotus Engineering for 21 years.
    Prodrive is headed by David Richards, who replaced current Renault team principal at Benetton in 1997 and guided BAR Honda to second in the 2004 FIA Constructors' Championship. Richards bought Aston Martin from Ford in 2007 and with backing by Kuwait's investment bank, Dar Capital, is expected to give the marque its first F1 team.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    The ill-fated 1997 effort was the only "works" Lola effort to date. All previous forays were commissioned by Reg Parnell, BMW, Honda*, Graham Hill, Carl Haas**, Larrousse and Scuderia Italia.

* Not officially known as a Lola even though they were responsible for the car.
    ** Officially known as a Lola even though they were not responsible for the car (!!!!)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    For completeness sakes, with the last moment entry by March, now we have:

1) McLaren
    2) Ferrari
    3) BMW Sauber
    4) Renault
    5) Toyota
    6) Brawn
    7) Force India
    8) Red Bull
    9) Toro Rosso

10) Williams

11) Campos Meta 1
    12) USF1
    13) Lola
    14) Prodrive / Aston Martin
    15) Litespeed
    16) March

I said this in the March thread, but I would surely love to see them raise the maximum number of allowed entries to let them all in... 32 cars, how sweet would that be? The 12 currently lowest ranking cars in the championship in a 1-hour pre-qualifying shootout on Friday (which doubles up as additional testing time for the teams in question), with the top-6 from that, let's say, 1-hour heat making it to the race, anyone?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'd actually love there to be no cap on the teams, and have televised pre-qualifying sessions if necessary. I think that this is unlikely though.

I also think that the FIA haven't quite made up their mind on how to act on the conditional entries. If they were all rejected then this would leave 7 teams, which isn't really enough, especially as most of them would be small teams. They could use the situation to settle old scores though, such as disallowing McLaren.

Something just tells me that I don't think there'll be as many as 13 teams next year, but we'll just have to wait to see how this one plays out.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I also think that just because these teams entered doesn't necessarily mean they'll make it to the grid. I can see Lola and Litespeed already falling by the wayside, due to the possibly raised spending cap and not enough funding. Toyota may STILL pull out at the end of the season, as may or may not Renault. Sure would be terrible if we end up with 22 cars, because Toyota eats up a slot now, bumping another team, and then they pull out. Although, I could also envision one of the new entries taking them over a la Brawn/Honda.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't know if the 9 remaining FOTA teams are entered for 2010 or not. I can't recall Max or the FIA ever speaking about a "conditional" entry form. If "conditional" entries are ok, then why wait until the last day to enter? Why suspend Williams or is Williams officially entered and other 9 are entered to FOTA's thinking but not necessarily officially entered by the FIA's standard. Does anybody have the FIA rule sections that provide for conditions set by the entrants to be honored by the FIA?

I don't know that Max has changed anything in writing and have seen no proof that he will. It may take Max a few months to decide "conditional" entries are not legal entries at all.

Nothing has changed.
    If legislation makes you equal, you aren't.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    I say let it be based on who wins and who do not....only limit the grid by the ten percent rule and let it all rip loose

No more guranteed money...it all goes into a big pot that is split up at the end of the year, based on ...... (OH MY GOD). ... ..results only
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer: