Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    Alright - next questions.

Other than Litespeed, who are using Cosworth engines, what power plant would these other teams be using?
    Also, someone asked if Mercedes supplies one and keeps their other customers is that legal, to supply four teams?
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think we can count USF1 and Prodrive in. USF1 announced their plans way before the FIA came up with the budget cup and they are already designing their cars. Also, the FIA might think an American F1 team would be a welcome addition. Just like a manufacturer (Prodrive would race as Aston Martin from 2011.)

One could make a strong case for Lola or Litespeed but I would personally give the third spot to Epsilon Euskadi. Firstly, because there already a lot of manufacturers in Britain, but none in Spain, Secondly, I would like to see Sergio Rinland in F1 again.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

I remember reading a story that said the FIA could see three new teams next season. My prediction is USF1, Prodrive and Lola. If this doesn't happen I don't care, I just want to see a larger grid with teams in it for the long haul!

AH! According to the official F1 website there will be a total of three new teams and they will be revealed on June 12th.

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones
    Also, someone asked if Mercedes supplies one and keeps their other customers is that legal, to supply four teams?
    Yes. And no.

Basically, as it stands, it requires Agreement from everyone else to allow an engine manufacturer to supply more than two (2) teams - including their own team, if they have one. It's conceivable that either the 2010 regs have been adjusted to revise this upwards, or that such Agreement will be forthcoming.

What's interesting in Merc's case is that they have a cast-iron agreement to supply Force India, they will apparently be supplying Prodrive (originally, Prodrive was going to be a full McLaren B-team, but that got scaled back when customer cars were banned), they currently supply Brawn (albeit on a one-year deal) and there were strong rumours a month or two ago that Red Bull Racing were in serious negotiations with Merc over an engine supply next year, possibly at Brawn's expense.

I think five teams would probably be too many, and even four might be pushing it...

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I remember reading a story that said the FIA could see three new teams next season. My prediction is USF1, Prodrive and Lola. If this doesn't happen I don't care, I just want to see a larger grid with teams in it for the long haul!
    If I was a betting man those are the ones I'd bet on, though Campos seem a stronger candidate since Dallara were anounced as their designer/constructer.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'll second the votes for USF1 (pretty much certain for me, given the lack of any American representation in F1), along with Prodrive and probably Lola.

Campos/Dallara and Litespeed with Gascoyne etc onboard could be dark horses. Glad to see there's going to be some competition for places though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Giuseppe F1
    Sorry, Team USF1 should be there, my bad!

Can a moderator please amend my original list to include USF1 and also please amend my thread title to change the '14' to '15' please?

Thanking you in advance

Giuseppe F1
    Done.
    Jose Arrambide
    Nobody Expects The Spanish Inquisition
    Monty Python Flying Circus

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    AH! According to the official F1 website there will be a total of three new teams and they will be revealed on June 12th.
    problem is, If toyota and renault pull out-we are left with 11 teams-surely itll be too late for other prospective entrants to join-I think just let them all in-yay for 30 cars! works in nascar with 43......
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Yeah, that would be a bummer - gain three, lose two, but all of the teams from this year signed up for next year, so at least we have that.