Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by christophulus
    Makes perfect sense from Aston Martin. Keep it as Prodrive for the first two years, and if it becomes a success slap the Aston Martin name all over it. If it fails they can keep their distance.
    I might be getting cynical in my old age but that was what I thought as well.

Quote Originally Posted by christophulus
    Makes perfect sense from Aston Martin. Keep it as Prodrive for the first two years, and if it becomes a success slap the Aston Martin name all over it. If it fails they can keep their distance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    I might be getting cynical in my old age but that was what I thought as well.
    I agree it's canny on paper, but I seem to recall somebody had a similar idea not too long ago....like Ford did with Stewart morphing into Jaguar.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamburello
    I agree it's canny on paper, but I seem to recall somebody had a similar idea not too long ago....like Ford did with Stewart morphing into Jaguar.
    IMO if they'd just renamed it Jaguar but kept the existing management structure in place, there's no reason why they couldn't have kept up Stewart's good late 1999 form. Their problem was the layers of corporate (mis-)management that they introduced into what had been developing into a very well organised and nimble racing outfit. Although admittedly their hand was forced somewhat by JYS stepping down voluntarily.

You get the feeling with this that whether it's called "Prodrive" or "Aston Martin", it's going to be DR and Prodrive calling the shots.