Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2
    Reading all those X's, Y's, Z's and $'s gave me a headache :
    Sorry, I don't know any real numbers. Plus I don't have a Euro symbol on my American keyboard. ;-)
    The overall technical objective in racing is the achievement of a vehicle configuration, acceptable within the practical interpretation of the rules, which can traverse a given course in a minimum time. -Milliken

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ST205GT4
    Whilst it would be great for F1 for Google to sponsor a team, I'm at an absolute loss as to why Google would think that it would be a good way to spend money. When your brand name has entered day to day speech like "to Google" has, how can you need more exposure?
    Actually, that's a problem for them - if a trademarked word becomes the generic term for the type of service, then they can lose the exclusive use of the trademark. Hoover, Xerox and others spend millions every year on lawyers to get book publishers to change stuff like "to hoover" & "to xerox" to "to vacuum" & "to photocopy".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As long as we don't get the "Google Earth" car becasue we all know how bad the last "Earth" car was!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darlo
    As long as we don't get the "Google Earth" car becasue we all know how bad the last "Earth" car was!!
    Apparently that is where the 'earthdreams' concept came from. Google were ready to sign the deal with Honda but the marketing group (a company called '19' or something) started haggling over commissions, Google saw their a##es and threw the teddy out of the pram, just walked away.

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    I'll believe it when MySpace, Twitter and Facebook join as sponsors!