Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Google may enter F1 as sponsor

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...28110055.shtml

Google may enter F1 as sponsor
    Co-founder Larry Page takes in Monte Carlo
    28/05/09 11:00

Google being wooed up and down the pitlane

The famous internet brand Google could soon be seen on the painted carbon bodywork of a Formula One car.

The company's co-founder Larry Page, one of the world's richest billionaires, was a guest of McLaren title sponsor Vodafone at last weekend's Monaco Grand Prix.

Interestingly, the 36-year-old American is a friend of Sir Richard Branson, the British billionaire who has been considering ramping up his Virgin backing of the dominant Brawn team.

Page was married on Branson's own Caribbean island, and the pair have also been linked in various business ventures.

Brawn is not the only team interested in Google sponsorship, however; every major outfit on the grid is believed to have put out the feelers as to how serious Page's interest is.

Source: GMM
    © CAPSIS International
    2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I could see the google logo sitting nicely on the brawn cars
    ---/\==

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Whilst it would be great for F1 for Google to sponsor a team, I'm at an absolute loss as to why Google would think that it would be a good way to spend money. When your brand name has entered day to day speech like "to Google" has, how can you need more exposure?

Unless he's an F1 fan, in which case more power to him! Spend away
    wrc.smugmug.com

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ST205GT4
    Whilst it would be great for F1 for Google to sponsor a team, I'm at an absolute loss as to why Google would think that it would be a good way to spend money. When your brand name has entered day to day speech like "to Google" has, how can you need more exposure?

Unless he's an F1 fan, in which case more power to him! Spend away
    Probably for tax purposes. The less you give to the taxman the better. Its a better way to spend money that give it away to an incompetent government department who will pi$$ it down the drain for you anyway.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2
    ...an incompetent government department who will pi$$ it down the drain for you anyway.
    Pretty much describes Max and his infernal rule changes!
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Every team is searching for sponsorship these days....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This wont happen
    Marcus: "Tell Corrado, three gears is enough!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This wont happen. This isnt even news. ST205GT4 is right.
    Marcus: "Tell Corrado, three gears is enough!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Could it be something like Target does in the IRL? If I understand it correctly works something like this. Target gives Ganassi $X. Then they go out and ask other companies to give them $Y, and in return they get preferential product placements in their stores, and a small decal on the car. Then they also ask another company for $Z, with the same sort of deal. So $Y and $Z add up to $X, or in all likelyhood more. So Target doesn't actually pay for the sponsorship.

I'm thinking Google could work something simmilar with search placement.

Or maybe the guy is just a race fan. :-)
    The overall technical objective in racing is the achievement of a vehicle configuration, acceptable within the practical interpretation of the rules, which can traverse a given course in a minimum time. -Milliken

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck34
    Could it be something like Target does in the IRL? If I understand it correctly works something like this. Target gives Ganassi $X. Then they go out and ask other companies to give them $Y, and in return they get preferential product placements in their stores, and a small decal on the car. Then they also ask another company for $Z, with the same sort of deal. So $Y and $Z add up to $X, or in all likelyhood more. So Target doesn't actually pay for the sponsorship.

I'm thinking Google could work something simmilar with search placement.

Or maybe the guy is just a race fan. :-)
    Reading all those X's, Y's, Z's and $'s gave me a headache :
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.