Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on

He has turned around the team since taking control and is embarrassing teams with vastly greater budgets.
    Not sure that is really the case, since most of last years honda budget was ploughed into this years "Brawn".

The notion that "Brawn" is a plucky under-dog is only semi factual. Yes, they have no direct manufacturer support and no direct sponsorship, but the bills have all been paid for and Honda spent a fortune getting the team and car to where it is.

It's a good story, but it's not a fairy tale rags-to-riches one.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamburello
    Not sure that is really the case, since most of last years honda budget was ploughed into this years "Brawn".

The notion that "Brawn" is a plucky under-dog is only semi factual. Yes, they have no direct manufacturer support and no direct sponsorship, but the bills have all been paid for and Honda spent a fortune getting the team and car to where it is.

It's a good story, but it's not a fairy tale rags-to-riches one.
    I would say that Honda spend a great deal of time and money getting the team to where they were at this point last year. It was a mess and if Honda were still in F1 and Brawn wasn't on the scene, I suggest they would be keeping BMW happy no matter how good Button is.

Nobody denies that Honda have liabilities that they have to honour this year which relieves a lot of pressure off Brawn GP but after this year, that will be over.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    I would say that Honda spend a great deal of time and money getting the team to where they were at this point last year.
    Honda paid for everything until now and does still pay hundreds of millions this season, they didn't stop doing it 1 year ago.
    Distorting reality is what you always try to do, but I got news for you, the reality doesn't change in order to suit your fantasies.

The reality behind Ross Brawn success is that year's Honda F1 (some like to call it BrawnGP even if it was designed by Honda F1), has been designed for 12 months at least and it was done with a blank cheque from the Japanese manufacturer.

A couple more races and the F60 with much less development will kick their behind in great style, and that is when the technical excellence will show it's value over all the money and the time (not to mention dodgy rule interpretations) from Honda!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamburello
    Ross Brawn didn't design it. Tony Southgate did.
    You're so mean Tam, how do you dare spoiling people's wet dreams!

Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Once again you spoke too soon and forgot to do your research
    As did you too since Ross did not "design" the XJR-14.

Admittedly, I relied on memory and not research, but you'll have to forgive me as I was busy working on the Le Mans winning car in 1991.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Yeah we both got the Ross Brawn thing slightly wrong between us, but I wasn't having a dig at you, more the childish dig that came afterwards by someone who obviously had little knowledge of the subject

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wow thats pretty cool Tamb I had no idea you were involved in such an amazing car!! Did you used to live in Japan or what? My uncle has Jan Lammers race suit and helmet from 1988 which I used to find amazing as a child, hopefully I'll inherit it one day, fingers crossed I've dropped enough hints

Yeah we both got the Ross Brawn thing slightly wrong between us, but I wasn't having a dig at you, more the childish dig that came afterwards by someone who obviously had little knowledge of the subject
    Maybe you should start a Tamburello fanclub now.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Err yeah exactly

I'm surprised you got that ioan
    That you're childish or very "funny", or both?!
    Either of them wasn't a difficult guess!