Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Flavio has already 4 WCC and WDC titles as a team principal, Brawn has lots of catch up to do if he wants to emulate Flavio.
    Flavio has always been a hired hand though, either by the Benetton family or the Renault car company. I think he meant emulate Brawn by actually owning the thing.

I don't dispute Flav is good at what he does, and I for one think he would be a success if he did take the team over. But it's all ifs at this stage.

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    Flavio GP lol
    Come to Flavio Country!

[img]http://deadwhitemales.net/pictures/blogs/marlboro%20man1.jpg]/img]
    Ayrton Senna, Legend. R.I.P.

\"If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver. Because we are competing. We are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for a victory. It is not to come third, fourth, fifth or sixth. I race to win\".

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by V12
    Flavio has always been a hired hand though, either by the Benetton family or the Renault car company. I think he meant emulate Brawn by actually owning the thing.

I don't dispute Flav is good at what he does, and I for one think he would be a success if he did take the team over. But it's all ifs at this stage.
    Like if being gifted a team is an achievement!
    Get real people, Honda designed and developed the BrawnGP car and than gifted the team to Brawn because they could not afford to be seen owning a F1 team while cutting back on their workforce. Also they still fund the team this season.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Like if being gifted a team is an achievement!
    Get real people, Honda designed and developed the BrawnGP car and than gifted the team to Brawn because they could not afford to be seen owning a F1 team while cutting back on their workforce. Also they still fund the team this season.
    At Ferrari he was part of the "Dream Team". A genius who's involvement and strategy was fundemental to Schumachers championships.

At brawn he's a lucky chancer who has been gifted everything the team has so far achieved.

It must really stick in your Craw to be able to swallow such hypocrisy

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    At Ferrari he was part of the "Dream Team". A genius who's involvement and strategy was fundemental to Schumachers championships.

At brawn he's a lucky chancer who has been gifted everything the team has so far achieved.
    Wow, did I just ran over your wife's Chihuahua?!

I stay by my opinion, he's got lucky having the team gifted to him + one year funding from Honda.

Now, try contradicting me with something more than smelly hot air.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I stay by my opinion, he's got lucky having the team gifted to him + one year funding from Honda.
    I'm pretty sure he knew how good the car was going to be and hence fought to keep the team running, knowing that a decent showing this year would make it work long term. If the car was another dog I doubt he would have bothered and the team would have shut down over the winter.

He has lucked into it, in some ways, but it was at least partly down to Brawn that the car has turned out so well. He's clearly good at what he does!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wow, did I just ran over your wife's Chihuahua?!

Now, try contradicting me with something more than smelly hot air.
    I think it was Arnold Palmer that said:

"The more I practice, the luckier I get".

RB obviously saw an opportunity to transform Honda as he helped to do at Ferrari.

It is my belief that he wouldn't have moved there unless he had a free hand as he had everything to lose and little to prove.

He joined Honda and realised that fundemental changes needed to happen. These he started to put in plcae including stopping last years development to concentrate on this years car.

Honda folded and he showed a huge amount of skill and detirmination to secure the team and assume ownership. It wasn't "gifted" to him but he had to work his ass off to keep the team.

He has turned around the team since taking control and is embarrassing teams with vastly greater budgets.

Lucky bugger. Even you could have done at least what he has done just as you would have won all the GP this year if you were driving the Brawn instead of a backmarker like Button and if Schumcaher was owner / driver of the old Honda team, both championships would have been wrapped up by now

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Guys no matter how you twist and you express your ave for Ross Brawn, he didn't buy the team,it was gifted to him because it was cheaper for Honda to get out this way.

Back to the thread, Briatore achieved much more than Ross Brawn as a team principal, this was my point and I backed it up with FACTS.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Back to the thread, Briatore achieved much more than Ross Brawn as a team principal, this was my point and I backed it up with FACTS.
    To be fair Briatore has been a team princial a lot longer than Brawn, and quite a bit of Flav's success came with Ross at Benetton.

As for being "lucky"...just think...Briatore might still be selling jumpers if it wasn't for Luciano Benetton :
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I think you've got the jist of it there Knock-on... I will agree with ioan though.. That Ross Brawn has been a pretty lucky little chappy over the years. 1991 was an extremely lucky year for Ross when he designed the Jaguar XJR-14 which by fluke won the World Sportscar Championship. Some say he designed the car on the back of a cigarette packet after several lines of coke and a late night drinking session at the now legendary 'Penny Black Pub' in Bicester, Oxfordshire.
    Ross Brawn didn't design it. Tony Southgate did.