Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Briatore could buy Renault

http://www.wheels24.co.za/Content/Fo...ld_buy_Renault_

Flavio Briatore could buy Renault's F1 team and continue to run it in 2010 and beyond, according to media reports.

The reports, in Italy's Autosprint and also carried by the Dutch publication Formule 1 Race Report, tie in with persistent rumours that the French carmaker is contemplating pulling out of the sport at the end of this season.

It is suggested that, amid the slump in new car sales, three seasons of average race results, the expiring contract of title sponsor ING, and the likely departure of Fernando Alonso, Renault - already threatening to quit over the Max Mosley rules dispute - is set to decide the time is right to step out.
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Briatore GP?

It'll only happen if they agree to budget capping. Can't see him finding enough cash to keep it going at the current rate.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    That would be great but he would have to sell his yatcht and a few other assests first to get the cash. With the current world financial crisis I dont think any bank or investor would be willing to fork out the amount of dough that Renault would want for the team.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2
    That would be great but he would have to sell his yatcht and a few other assests first to get the cash. With the current world financial crisis I dont think any bank or investor would be willing to fork out the amount of dough that Renault would want for the team.
    It depends what contracts are in place with staff and suppliers.

It would probably cost Renault more to disband the team than to hand it over for free.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    It depends what contracts are in place with staff and suppliers.

It would probably cost Renault more to disband the team than to hand it over for free.
    Could be

I think though that Renault would want something out the deal at least. Current market conditions however may favour your suggestion of a "take it as it is for free" deal
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What Renault have in their favour is that if there is a budget cap, someone may want to buy a team but I doubt it.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Maybe he could sell his stake in QPR to fund it. I'm fairly sure that he has more independent wealth than, Ross Brawn for instance, and if we wound up in a situation like Honda/Brawn where Renault finds it cheaper to fund it for an additional year than shut it down and pay everyone off, it could at least get them through 2010 and take it from there.

Either way, while I don't care much for the guy, he's been around the sport long enough and I'd welcome a further move away from manufacturer/sponsor ownership and back to team-principal ownership that the sport really needs.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Flavio GP lol
    Formula 1

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by christophulus
    Briatore GP?

It'll only happen if they agree to budget capping. Can't see him finding enough cash to keep it going at the current rate.
    Don't underestimate him.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2
    Renault will sell the team for 1 pence, no worries about that.
    Running the team for one year costs them 300.000.000 USD, selling it costs nothing, great deal for Renault!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro