Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    That's it , Knocky !

You just figured out how to limit the teams at races , not by limitting the money , but by limtting the space they get at the GP .

One garage - two cars - no room for a room of laptops , gas chromatography , and ice cream machines .
    No Ice cream. Are you SERIOUS!!

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    I used to be 26 that were allowed to start a race. But then when there were 24 cars competing Bernie brought in the franchise system which limited the grid to 24 cars.

If they can race 26 cars once then they can do it again. If teams have to work in smaller garages then so be it!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    I can't remember what the maximum is; 24 or 26 cars?

At the moment, we have 15 teams if the 9 that haven't resigned join the 6 that have lodged enteries.

30 cars will mean qualifying won't it? Have we got space for 15 teams at all venues (Monaco?)
    I don't think you have 15 teams entered. You have Williams and 7 new teams. I doubt the FIA considers the FOTA 9 teams a legal, by the required FIA standards, entry. I doubt the FIA will recognize a "conditional" entry. You are either entered under the FIA rules or you're not.
    If legislation makes you equal, you aren't.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    All the entries are conditional , the 7 on the new rules , and the 9 on the '09 rules , likely to be 10 , as Williams have to race , either way .

7 only puts 14 cars on the grid , unless those teams figure out who will run 3 cars each , because the minimum grid is 16 , if I remember correctly .
    That , I believe is in the contract with the circuits , so will weigh heavy on Bernie .

7 seems unworkable .
    It's a new series , not F1 .

Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiero 5.7
    I don't think you have 15 teams entered. You have Williams and 7 new teams. I doubt the FIA considers the FOTA 9 teams a legal, by the required FIA standards, entry. I doubt the FIA will recognize a "conditional" entry. You are either entered under the FIA rules or you're not.
    I believe this explains the situation pretty well...

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=38040
    Defend mediocrity... because excelence is just too hard to achieve. :p

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    So... FOTA teams are not going to enter 2010 championship, or at least their entries are not valid, or...

Bah! Mad Max will decide in less than 2 weeks time, and we´ll see what happens. I said that nothing would happen because the FIA would go back and reconsider that budget cap, but it´s dawning on me that I may be absolutely wrong.
    Cuando el grajo vuela bajo hace un frío del carajo
    Which means:
    When the crow is flying low, it´s ****ing freezing cold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks, that was an informative link although I don't think you had to be an "insider" to see it. I'm out here with you and I saw it coming.

Here's another Fiero hot tip. There are only 2 actual deadlines in an F1 series. The first is when the lights go green at the first race of the season and the second is 2 hours after the lights go green after the last race of the season.

This hoopla about June 12th is nothing but hoopla. The date of final confirmations will happen when Max decides its time to happen.
    If legislation makes you equal, you aren't.

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    McLaren have taken the role of peacemaker....?

I wonder who they are going to back stab.
    I have the theory that the main forces among teams are the "British Party" (McLaren + Williams) and the "Italian Party" (Ferrari + Briatore <Renault>). And knowing the acrimony that RD and FB have since 1993, it's easy to guess who is the recipient of your quest...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekola
    I have the theory that the main forces among teams are the "British Party" (McLaren + Williams) and the "Italian Party" (Ferrari + Briatore <Renault>). And knowing the acrimony that RD and FB have since 1993, it's easy to guess who is the recipient of your quest...
    Then you are then both uninformed and illogical in your "conclusion"