Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

FOTA Teams that have lodging an entry to the 2010 world championship

first team
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...07YPObmgVjeOqQ

Williams on Monday broke ranks with the rest of the Formula One Teams Association (FOTA) by lodging an entry to the 2010 world championship.
    Less than 24 hours after joining the other nine teams in writing to Max Mosley, president of the FIA, the sports ruling body, to urge him to scrap his controversial 2010 budget-cap plans, Williams said they had to comply with a binding F1 contract.
    Their announcement once again called into question the unity of the teams as, led by Ferrari and Toyota, they continued their fight to block the 2010 plans and to negotiate for a compromise settlement on cost-cutting.
    It also added a new twist to the ongoing crisis in Formula One as Friday's deadline for 2010 entries looms - with the prospect of the sport being transformed from its current high-cost luxury status into a lower-cost and more accessible series.
    Williams chief executive Adam Parr said: "We believe FOTA has extracted some very significant concessions from the FIA.
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Nothing unexpected. They are in debt and Bernie is giving them money to survive so they can only go with him.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,189...349977,00.html
    FOTA versus FIA: Ding Ding Round 3
    he looked rattled when Ted Kravitz bowled into him at the Monaco Grand Prix. Emerging into the welcoming arms of the media on Sunday he seemed keen to get over the idea that although he was prepared to delay the $60/£40m budget cap until 2011, that was still going ahead.

Little did we suspect that he would get a letter from FOTA later that day - just before the race in fact - that outlined quite clearly that they weren't even considering that.

The letter, signed by all teams demanded that the FIA ditches the planned 2010 technical and sporting regulations and reverts to the current 2009 version. This would then be used as the starting point for framing new regulations to bring costs under control - with agreed changes like a refueling ban still expected to go ahead.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    McLaren have taken the role of peacemaker....?

I wonder who they are going to back stab.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    McLaren have taken the role of peacemaker....?

I wonder who they are going to back stab.
    It seems to me that it is the fine line that those on probation , whilst still wanting to be FOTA members , have to walk .

And , they would be fools to not try to take on that role , as it would go a long way to fixing a very damaged reputation if they can manage to get the two sides together .

They have not signed up .

http://www.motorsport.com/news/artic...D=329897&FS=F1
    Three more teams lodge 2010 entries
    F1's potential entry list for 2010 swelled to five names on Friday, even if nine of the current teams are yet to lodge their paperwork by the midnight deadline.
    USF1, Campos and former champions Williams had submitted their entries prior to May 29, which is the last day of the FIA's one-week registration window for next year.
    By mid afternoon on Friday, three more teams - all new ones - confirmed they have signed up: Lola, [color=#0033cc !important][color=#0033cc !important]Prodrive[/color][/color] and British F3 outfit Litespeed, whose bid is supported by the well-known engineer Mike Gascoyne.
    Litespeed boss Nino Judge also said he, like Team USF1, has paid the deposit for a supply of Cosworth's new 2010 customer engine.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can't remember what the maximum is; 24 or 26 cars?

At the moment, we have 15 teams if the 9 that haven't resigned join the 6 that have lodged enteries.

30 cars will mean qualifying won't it? Have we got space for 15 teams at all venues (Monaco?)

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on

At the moment, we have 15 teams if the 9 that haven't resigned join the 6 that have lodged enteries.

30 cars will mean qualifying won't it? Have we got space for 15 teams at all venues (Monaco?)
    It did as recently as 1992. Of course the rationale goes that since then with teams expanding in terms of the personnel and equipment they bring to races, that makes less space for each individual team, but with spare cars banned and whatever cost cutting measures come in meaning teams will likely have to slim down their operations, I would like to think this would free up the space for that many teams to compete again, but we'll see.

Bernie probably thinks he's being generous upping the limit from 12/24 to 13/26 for 2010 (that answers your first question )

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on

That's it , Knocky !

You just figured out how to limit the teams at races , not by limitting the money , but by limtting the space they get at the GP .

One garage - two cars - no room for a room of laptops , gas chromatography , and ice cream machines .

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    That's it , Knocky !

You just figured out how to limit the teams at races , not by limitting the money , but by limtting the space they get at the GP .

One garage - two cars - no room for a room of laptops , gas chromatography , and ice cream machines .
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro