Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Back to ABC

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Back to ABC

I commend VS on great timed trials coverage. IndyCar is enjoyable again to watch. Now for the motherload and back to ABC. I am cringing to sit through 4 hours of Goodyear and Reid. I sat through 26 hours of arute and it was palatable.

CHeever will be back in the booth this year. Anybody else feeling queezy going into the Sunday broadcast with Goodyear and Reid?
    i KNOW WHAT i like and i like what I know

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by disko
    I commend VS on great timed trials coverage. IndyCar is enjoyable again to watch. Now for the motherload and back to ABC. I am cringing to sit through 4 hours of Goodyear and Reid. I sat through 26 hours of arute and it was palatable.

CHeever will be back in the booth this year. Anybody else feeling queezy going into the Sunday broadcast with Goodyear and Reid?

its one of the reasons I decided to attend this year...
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Goodyear has been hard to listen to. In years past it always seemed as though he was always trying to remind the audience that he "was a race car driver too!" as if he was genuinely worried that people have forgotten about him.

I don't know if he has been broken of that little annoyance or if the production staff could possibly stop making him sound so goofy.

Sam Posey was never so weird, but some people were turned off by him, too.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ABC should still be good.

I believe the same productions company is producing the Versus and ABC programming.

I will say Versus has been top notch...now if we could do something with Dave Calabro.

Some Dave'isms:

"Hot Wheel cars, love um, I remember the Johnny Lighting car they had........" Johnny Lighting cars competed with Hot Wheel cars...

"We have now have perfect conditions on the track..." as winds gusted up to 30mph......

And too many more to list....
    Green, Green, Green!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dave Calabro: "...aaaand, hhheeere they come. Wwwatch 'em work, watch 'em work."

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    On the first day of Quals good ole Dave announced the wrong driver for 2 laps into the guy's qualification run. Way to go Dave!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Central Indiana regional media must be the worst I've ever seen.
    I truly love living here, but the only thing worse than WTHR is FOX59.

It used to be humorous, now they're unbearable.

Dave 'the king' Wilson still needs a job, though. He'd be a good personality if he wasn't such a prima donna.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ABC TV Crew

I always wonder who these old goats are sleeping with that they get and keep these jobs despite their being so bad.

The only person worse than Scott Goodyear is Robbie Buel. He's racing's version of Dizzy Dean without the personality.

Eddie Cheever is fine, Jon Beekhuis is great.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Rogers

Eddie Cheever is fine,
    I think Eddie Under-A. Cheever is really annoying. He wasn't nearly as a good a driver as he'd like you to believe and his phony "Madona-esque" european accent, on a native US American, is grating.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPVguy
    I think Eddie Under-A. Cheever is really annoying. He wasn't nearly as a good a driver as he'd like you to believe and his phony "Madona-esque" european accent, on a native US American, is grating.
    I don't think he had any friends as a child - just lots and lots of money. Definitely didn't get his rides on merit.