Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cart750hp
    I hope we're not talking about steroid in NASCAR coz this would be very very funny. I hope this is some sort of heroin or crack or even alcohol to make this news worth reading.

In baseball, football or soccer, and basketball, i see the use of steroid to increase their performance......but in NASCAR, what's the use?
    What is that supposed to mean?
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If he is a Druggie send him on his way. Don't need no druggies in NASCAR or anywhere.. He be putting a cap in his head next.

Can you imagian on TOP of the, well lets just say on the inside with all the perks of NASCAR on Friday.
    Come Saturday you BUSTED and your OUT.
    Put a FORK in him cause he is DONE. A has been.

He better have a healing, see the light, come to Jesus.
    Can I get a AMEN.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RaceFanStan
    Mayfield speaks out ...

Yep, that is what I would have said ...
    Yeah, really. Let's face it. Jeremy isn't the sharpest pencil in the cup. The AP article on the subject has this interesting little blurb:

Just days after the Daytona 500, one of Mayfield's crew members became the first person punished under NASCAR's new drug policy for a failed test. Mayfield fired Paul Chodora after he was suspended.
    And from ESPN at the time of that incident:

Pit crew member Paul Chodora of Jeremy Mayfield's No. 41 Sprint Cup team has been suspended indefinitely by NASCAR for violating the new substance abuse policy.

Chodora, who NASCAR confirmed was a member of Mayfield's team Thursday, is the first person to be punished under the policy that was amended last season to mandatory preseason testing and random testing throughout the season.

"Mayfield Motorsports respects the decision by NASCAR to indefinitely suspend Paul Chodora," Jeremy Mayfield said in a statement issued Thursday. "We as an organization appreciate NASCAR's drug testing policies and policing efforts as it makes the sport stronger overall. If Paul doesn't comply with NASCAR's reinstatement process, then he will no longer be an employee of Mayfield Motorsports."

Kevin Harvick fired two members of his Truck Series team that failed drug tests given by his organization, not NASCAR, prior to the season.

Mayfield's team was formed only a month ago and crew members were not all hired at the time of NASCAR's preseason testing in January. Chodora was given a license by the governing body to participate in Sunday's Daytona 500, then was tested and suspended after only a day and a half of work.

Chodora has served previously as a front tire changer with Johnny Sauter's team.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar...e=RPMHeadlines
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    that sucks hopfully he can get the issue resolved with nascar
    2009 Truck Pick'em Champion

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I have two issues with this. First off, I have little or no time for Mayfield, for if you guys were paying attention to his ouster from what was then Evernham Racing, it was his big mouth that got him gassed going on about Ray's affair with Erin Crocker in the press, and saying Ray wasn't committed to the team. So We can say right off Jeremy isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. He may have been right on some level, but telling the press all of this was brain dead.

Fast forward 3 years and we have Jeremy as a team owner and driver of his own effort getting nailed in a NASCAR drug test. Unlike the first example of Jeremy's brain dead behaviour, I tend to want to say I think I want more information. IT isn't enough to say "he failed" and cya. I want to know what they found. He claims it may be an issue with something he was taking legally under a doctor's care. Are the NASCAR testing procedures done by a 3rd Party?

Listen, I don't believe the guy is a druggie. Heck, I met him when he first was up with Kranefuss Haas driving the K-Mart T-birds and he was a decent enough guy to talk to then and although I think his big mouth got him pushed out of the 19 and his ride with Penske, I would like more information before I condemn the guy to eternity as a druggie. Somehow, I cant see him and Aaron Fike in the same category.

At least, not with the infomation provided. I am sure he was on something, but it would nice to be treated as adults and be told what....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lightbulb after thinking it over ...

NASCAR has a list of what is not approved substances ...

Perhaps Mayfield was taking some kind of pain medication & it popped him positive.
    I don't think it was cocaine or any illegal substance like pot or meth or etc ...
    Mayfield probably should have investigated into what he was taking, now it may cost him dearly.

Perhaps NASCAR will use good judgement if it was a positve due to Mayfield's ignorane of what he was taking ...
    however sometimes using NASCAR & good judgement in the same sentence is an oxymoron.
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Here's some clarification on the subject. No lame excuses for you, Mr Mayfield. And, yes, the testing is done by a third party testing facility.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor...mayfield_N.htm

snippet:

"What we have is a clear violation of policy," said David Black, whose Tennessee-based Aegis Labs conducts NASCAR's random testing program. "In my many years of experience, I have never seen a violation like this due to the combination of over-the-counter or prescription products."

Black, citing NASCAR policy, declined to specify what caused Mayfield to test positive, saying it was "a drug of concern." NASCAR announced before Saturday's race at Darlington Raceway that Mayfield — the first driver tagged under the series' first-year mandatory testing program — had been suspended indefinitely.

Mayfield couldn't be reached for comment Sunday. His agent, Bobby Wooten, said Mayfield was taking allergy medicine when the urine samples were collected at Richmond International Raceway a week ago.

The series doesn't have a set list of banned substances, although drivers were warned before the start of the season that they would be screened for steroids, amphetamines and recreational drugs. Black said "there's no way a driver would be in violation" for using common cold and allergy medications as directed.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lightbulb

Many prescription pain medications are barbiturates & would likely be on the banned list.
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would think so, Stan. I can recall some injured drivers going off their pain meds early in a race week so they were clear-headed for the race. That would lead me to believe that drivers clearly understood for years what they needed to do to be fit to race.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar...ory?id=4159387

I just knew when I heard Mayfield was disputing the test there was a 75% chance it involved "pseudoephedrine", and it's going to be a big legal mess.