Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kimi

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts

Kimi

Why is he so badly rated by everyone here?

Alost every thread "rating" drivers here get's Kimi on the same leves as guys like Trulli and Barrichello, if not Kovalainen; very rarely someone puts him on the same level as Massa, Alonso or Hamilton?

I remember last year everyone was saying Massa was going to be very bad without TC, and the likes of Kimi and Lewis will excell. But in a year Kimi has gone down in everyone's books.

Admitedly, the only reason he was world champion was because the incompetence of McLaren, and the glory-whoring stupidity of Hamilton in Shanghai. (And some crazy stroke of fortune in Brazil)

Is it because he is/seems so laid back?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Probably because this place doesn't have a lot of Kimi fans, or maybe Ferrari fans want another Schumacher and judge Kimi with the same yardstick, which is wrong since no two people are the same. Gee guys, calm down, Schumacher retired 3 years ago and the "glory years" are over. At least be happy that you no longer have to be branded "cheater fans" anymore.

In my humble opinion, Kimi is still the fastest driver out there. Every sport has a temperamental champion. Look at Ronnie O'Sullivan in snooker. Probably people go down too harsh on Kimi for not being a perfectionist, but hey, that's how he is. And in 2007, he thoroughly deserved the championship. He didn't cry like a baby (ala Alonso and Hamilton) and just went about his business and racked up the majority, 6 wins, albeit with some inconsistencies because of mechanical failures and brain farts.

Hoping he can get some performance out of the newly updated Ferrari in Spain. Let's see...

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz

... in a year Kimi has gone down in everyone's books.
    Not in my book

Quote Originally Posted by pino
    I’m trying to figure out who's the “best” driver out there at the moment, here's my list :

Alonso
    Vettel
    Kimi
    Hamilton
    Massa
    Button
    Trulli
    Webber
    Kubica
    Glock
    Buemi
    Rosberg
    Heidfeld
    Sutil
    Kovalainen
    Fisichella
    Barrichello
    Bourdais
    Piquet
    Nakajima
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz

Alost every thread "rating" drivers here get's Kimi on the same leves as guys like Trulli and Barrichello, if not Kovalainen; very rarely someone puts him on the same level as Massa, Alonso or Hamilton?

I remember last year everyone was saying Massa was going to be very bad without TC, and the likes of Kimi and Lewis will excell. But in a year Kimi has gone down in everyone's books.

Admitedly, the only reason he was world champion was because the incompetence of McLaren, and the glory-whoring stupidity of Hamilton in Shanghai. (And some crazy stroke of fortune in Brazil)

Is it because he is/seems so laid back?
    I think there are Kimi fans here.... anyway to answer your question,
    Kimi had a bad season last year, that's probably the main reason. Another reason could be that people don't understand him, they judge his character based on their own cultural habits, which are quite different from Kimi's. What they see as lack of enthusiasm is normal behaviour in Finland. For example there is really no "small talk" in Finnish, people usually say things as they are and if there is nothing worthwhile to say, then silence is accepted. Obviously it varies between individuals.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    Not in my book
    Yeah but anyone who thins Buemi is better than Heidfeld, Rosberg and Barrichelo doesn't deserve an opinion!

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by X-ecutioner
    Probably because this place doesn't have a lot of Kimi fans, or maybe Ferrari fans want another Schumacher and judge Kimi with the same yardstick, which is wrong since no two people are the same. Gee guys, calm down, Schumacher retired 3 years ago and the "glory years" are over. At least be happy that you no longer have to be branded "cheater fans" anymore.

In my humble opinion, Kimi is still the fastest driver out there. Every sport has a temperamental champion. Look at Ronnie O'Sullivan in snooker. Probably people go down too harsh on Kimi for not being a perfectionist, but hey, that's how he is. And in 2007, he thoroughly deserved the championship. He didn't cry like a baby (ala Alonso and Hamilton) and just went about his business and racked up the majority, 6 wins, albeit with some inconsistencies because of mechanical failures and brain farts.

Hoping he can get some performance out of the newly updated Ferrari in Spain. Let's see...
    I dont buy it. Kimi is supposed to be the fastest thing out there, yet he was run closely in 2007 by Massa right up until the last few races. Last year, Massa cleaned him up like a bachelor's second hand blow up doll after a weekend session.

Ferrari (and more specifically their boss Luca) said last year that they are waiting for the real Kimi to come out and play. WTF

Kimi has been in top teams for a long time now and doesnt have much to show for it. A couple of wins and a lucky WDC thanks to a Rookie with a "here's and early Christmas present card".

The word - Kimi - should be entered into the Oxford Dictionary with the following explanation: over-inflated reputation that continues to leave spectators feeling...shortchanged.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts
    Remember how he came in... from F3 with high expectations of being the next Mika Hakkinen.

When hype exceeds results actually attained, it's understandable that many are left somewhat unsatisfied, but then again...
    Defend mediocrity... because excelence is just too hard to achieve. :p

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by veeten
    Remember how he came in... from F3 with high expectations of being the next Mika Hakkinen.

When hype exceeds results actually attained, it's understandable that many are left somewhat unsatisfied, but then again...
    I don't agree with that. Firstly, he came straight from Formula Renault, on a provisional super-licence, remember?

And then immediately matched Heidfeld at Sauber, and then Coulthard at McLaren. He was magical at McLaren, I think. And if the car hadn't broken down so often...

But nowadays, he just seems disinterested to me. Surely the huge talent is still there, but is the will to win?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    A very fast and fragile McLaren may have fostered an image of Kimi being a bit better than he really is. Fact is, he excels on some circuits but not others. Overall though, he's still a great driver in my book and someone who would be at the top of my list of drivers if I was filling a vacant seat.

Pino - your list is close to mine when future potential is not considered. Just move Trulli below Kubica, Barrichello up past Kovalainen, and Buemi below Heidfeld.
    Formula Platypus 2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2

Kimi has been in top teams for a long time now and doesnt have much to show for it. A couple of wins and a lucky WDC thanks to a Rookie with a "here's and early Christmas present card".
    "A couple of wins"

Wins: 17
    Podiums: 57
    Pole positions: 16

Second in the World Championship in 2003 (lost to Schumi by 2points) and 2005, WDC 2007.

Yes he was in a way lucky in 2007, but very unlucky in 2005 when he won as many races as Alonso but had reliability problems...luck has a habit of evening out.
    “Leave me alone!”