Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    All the other Hendrick drivers in the top 5 and Jnr..... 27th LOL

Senior Member The instant classic's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Basset
    All the other Hendrick drivers in the top 5 and Jnr..... 27th LOL
    HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
    Thats The Way Of The Road.Thats The Way She Goes.Sometimes She Goes Sometimes She Doesn't Go

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Not sure what is to be done, but I suspect we will know in the next few weeks. I think Tony Jr. better look at polishing up his resume. IF he does go however, Jr will be out of excuses. I say this as a guy who has supported him and knows he had talent for a few years. He shouldn't be washed up at 34 but at some point, his biggest issue is between his ears I think....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Look for a key member of the 48 team to be Jnrs new CC by the start of the next points race.. looks like HMS is serious about moving Eury on. What Jnr feels about it and the fact that he wants a CC that he can get on with/manipulate is anyones guess. Ricks taking control of the situation

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    At this point I don't think Rick has a choice, Fred. Alan Gustafson was on with Dave Despain last night on Wind Tunnel talking about rumors of a CC swap. I don't think anyone will be surprised to see some changes being made and soon.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    But don't think its going to happen with Jnr being happy. If the rumours of his contract and that he can pick his CC are right, and his buddies being removed... well we'll just have to see what happens

Senior Member The instant classic's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i have an idea for JR! why not just for the all-star race change crew chief with anyone in HMS who cares what happens its the all-star race no points
    Thats The Way Of The Road.Thats The Way She Goes.Sometimes She Goes Sometimes She Doesn't Go

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Exclamation

I suspect Todd Berrier from the #07 will trade places with Tony Eury Jr on the #88.
    Dale Earnhardt Jr in the #88 (18th in points) has 0 wins, 1 top 5s, & 3 top 10s ...
    Casey Mears in the #07 (22nd in points) has 0 wins, 0 top 5s, & 1 top 10 ...
    a crewchief change probably wouldn't hurt either team & could help them both run better.
    The only downside to making this change is that it gives Dale Jr another excuse for running poorly.

Jeff Gordon in the #24 (1st in points), has 1 win, 6 top 5s, & 8 top 10s ...
    Jimmie Johnson in the #48 (4th in points) has 1 win, 6 top 5s, & 7 top 10s ...
    Mark Martin in the #5 (11th in points) has 2 wins, 3 top 5s, & 6 top 10s ...
    I don't think it would be smart to disturb the team structures that are running well.
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If Hendricks' 24 & 48 teams are run as well as it seems they are, I would imagine that Knaus & Letart have assistants & proteges ready to step up in case there was a problem in their own teams. One of these guys would be the solid bet to take over the 88 team.

Most of the best NFL coaches move directly to head coaching from a coordinator position under a top coach rather from a head coach in a lesser league. I think it is the same way with race teams.

If I could pick anyone at all to be my crew chief, I'm not picking someone who is currently a crew chief but out of the top 20 in points, or doing a good job as a CC in Nationwide. I want Chad Knaus's right hand man!
    N.Hayden L.Hamilton D.Earnhardt R.Gordon S.Speed T.Stewart J.P.Montoya G.Rahal Ferrari Lotus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Basset
    But don't think its going to happen with Jnr being happy. If the rumours of his contract and that he can pick his CC are right, and his buddies being removed... well we'll just have to see what happens
    If he starts winning or even running solid top 10's hes gonna be happy. Well you would hope so anyway!