Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dale Jr and his problems ...

I like Tony. But here's the thing on Rick's plate.

Is Tony worth keeping? Point being, Tony is there for one reason: Jr wants him there. Tony's value can be based on two factors, is he good enough that others in the garage would love to take him away, and can Jr actually handle a real crew chief who fights like his job depends on it every week and won't take crap from anyone.

My feelings are; no one else really wants Tony, and Jr can't handle a real crew chief
    Got this from a buddy of mine whos in the Nascar garage

I think he speaks the truth.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It sounds like the truth to me.

It is up to Rick Hendrick to make a change happen. A businessman like Hendrick doesn't let an investment like he made in signing Dale go bad because of complacency & family ties. Dale wasn't signed to run mid-pack & win popularity contests, he was signed to run well and win.
    N.Hayden L.Hamilton D.Earnhardt R.Gordon S.Speed T.Stewart J.P.Montoya G.Rahal Ferrari Lotus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Tony Eury Jr could make a great Nationwide Series crewchief & maybe should move there ...
    perhaps Dale Jr should go with him to the Nationwide Series ...
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wink

an ad in NASCAR Today states a driver is looking for a pitstall finding dog to ride with an undisclosed driver ...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RaceFanStan
    Tony Eury Jr could make a great Nationwide Series crewchief & maybe should move there ...
    perhaps Dale Jr should go with him to the Nationwide Series ...
    geez, how short a memory some have.
    In 2003 - 3rd in points
    In 2004 - 5th in points
    In 2006 - 5th in points

Not exactly results from an average driver.

I can excuse the thread starter as he didn't know what nascar was in those years.

jr will be competitive again in Cup.
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muggle not
    In 2003 - 3rd in points
    In 2004 - 5th in points
    In 2006 - 5th in points

I can excuse the thread starter as he didn't know what nascar was in those years.

Yep. Let a driver go though a "dry spell" and so many people suddenly forget what that driver was able to accomplish in other years.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muggle not
    In 2003 - 3rd in points
    In 2004 - 5th in points
    In 2006 - 5th in points

Oh Muggle, you really should know better.. i was over in the US watching races in 2003.. how many races has Jnr won in the last 103?????

C'mon answer it, don't use old stats.. lets see the stats from the last 3 years... You think he's so good LOL..

Where is he in points right now. He won't make the Chase.. the guy in the team i know is right. Jnr would rather have a CC in can control than one that will beat him down. Thing is Hendrick will change that sometime soon and then we'll see what he's capable of.. only issue i see is the word in NASCAR is that there was a clause in Jnrs contract saying he could pick his own CC.. time will tell on that one

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    You're out of your league Freddy. You are the person saying that Jr has no talent. Now you are saying that you can't include 3 of his best years when judging him. What else would you like to exclude to prove your point. Oh, maybe we should exclude Jr's 2 Busch Series Championships.

The point is....you say Jr has no talent. Yet his record says he has done very good and much better than most drivers in Cup.
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    junior was running with veterans back then mostly who now have depleted rides or are retired. only stewart, johnson, j.gordon, kenseth, ku.busch were his biggest challenges and rcr was down, roush wasnt completely at top level with biffle yet, and penske, ganassi, evernham were not on the same page...

now junior has those same drivers, plus two new roush drivers in edwards and biffle, hamlin, kyle busch, rcr now(well until just recently), and drivers like brian vickers with subpar equipment can even challenge him. not to mention ryan newman now that he is driving hendrick equipment. and whats so funny about back then is who junior's crew chief was...tony eury jr!
    the drought is over--may there never be another with 115 races.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lightbulb he hasn't enough time to do it all ...

For Dale Jr to be successfull on track he needs to cut back on his off-track criteria ...
    look at all of the commercials with Dale Jr, surely nobody thinks a 30 second commercial is done in 30 seconds ...
    add in Dale Jr's "me-time" & the time for concentrating on racing is lost ...
    I guess being NASCAR's "Most Popular Driver" comes at a cost.