Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    Guess you failed to notice he was the fastest guy for most of the last 22 laps and the leaders started standing on it when they realized he was comiing. Vickers and Gordon both stated they were not really coasting much at all in the last 10 laps. Jr. just ran out of laps. Good finish for a lousy season.
    June Bug wouldn't have been the fastest car out there the last 20 laps had not the front of the field been in "conserve fuel" mode. The two fastest donkeys all day were JJ & Martin and the race would most likely have come down to those two if the debris caution would have come out with 25-30 laps to go. Some of the drivers were mentioning a piece of metal on the track but Nascar never through the caution.

I'm not sure what Vickers & Gordon are talking about. I noticed speeds dropping on the scoring pylon and all the crew chiefs were screaming "conserve...you got to get me two more laps!"
    I'm choosing Joey Logano as my avatar. I feel he is a worthy ally.

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    it is strange that Jr can't keep up with the rest of the teammates. But just maybe they held him back a bit as to not upset the team. Well that is BS unless you are a JR fan. But lets see how he does next year. My call is that he will be running with the rest of the team.
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    All I know is the guy won 18 races in Cup, including a Daytona 500. HE won 2 NW championships. He may have had good equipment (the arguement of the JR. Haters for his success) but many guys with good stuff cant win. It is a very fickle thing to run up front week in, week out, and some drivers have adapted to this car better than Jr. has. It requires very subtle chassis changes, and it rewards guys who have a style of being loose. Jr. has always been a guy better with tighter setups that worked better with the old car. Til he gets used to driving out the driver's side window, he wont adapt fully. He is almost there.....just needs to wrap his head around what he needs to do.....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".