Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tintop
    What a ridiculous statement, clearly the positives outweighed the negatives by a large margin, or we wouldn't be memorializing him would we? There is plenty of space dedicated to rating former racers pro and con, I'd think that some of you would be able to tell the difference between that and a memorial thread on the anniversary of his violent death.

What a great talent, what a joy to watch!
    He was undeniably a joy to watch, and absolutely incredible, when he was at his best. But, having watched him on many occasions, I find it impossible to think of his time in F1 without dwelling on the occasions on which he was far from being incredible in a positive sense, and would imagine that many people would think the same way. I don't understand why this view is 'ridiculous'.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamburello
    I'm sorry....I didn't realise he wasn't the bloke who drove into Prost in Suzuka 1990.
    A real class act - referring to the post not a deceased Senna dig. Grave dancing and a pronounced lack of self-respect, or a maniacal need to put down any perceived threats to another certain driver's legacy,who knows?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    He was undeniably a joy to watch, and absolutely incredible, when he was at his best. But, having watched him on many occasions, I find it impossible to think of his time in F1 without dwelling on the occasions on which he was far from being incredible in a positive sense, and would imagine that many people would think the same way. I don't understand why this view is 'ridiculous'.
    It's ridiculous if you only apply it to Senna, because you could level much the same judgements at any of the legends of the sport. So What you dwell on must surely be a personal choice, why you should think that would apply to many people is strange. As such it appears to be a personal bias rather than a rational judgement.
    Senna & Rossi, everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LIBERATOR
    It's ridiculous if you only apply it to Senna, because you could level much the same judgements at any of the legends of the sport. So What you dwell on must surely be a personal choice, why you should think that would apply to many people is strange. As such it appears to be a personal bias rather than a rational judgement.
    I have no bias against any driver. And I don't think the same can be said of Senna as can of any other driver, because while he was clearly far better than most, the incident which sticks in my mind, Suzuka 1990, remains probably the most disgraceful thing I have ever seen in an F1 race — just as that first lap at Donington in 1993 remains one of the best.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So you think that the questionable actions of other drivers shouldn't be taken into account when judging their career?
    Senna & Rossi, everytime.

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    RIP Ayrton.

In my opinion the greatest racing driver the world has ever seen.

15 years ago the genious departed.

rest in peace.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Ridiculous that some people can't accept Senna's faults. Dying doesn't change the person they were.

Anyhoo RIP Ayrton and Roland.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LIBERATOR
    So you think that the questionable actions of other drivers shouldn't be taken into account when judging their career?
    Of course I think they should be taken account. Where have I said I don't? However, I don't think it's unreasonable to offer the view that one incident in particular was notably worse than anything else I have ever seen in an F1 race.

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Ridiculous that some people can't accept Senna's faults. Dying doesn't change the person they were.

^^^^^^^^^

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel

Don't be obtuse, it's a matter of the appropriateness of bringing up negatives in a memorial forum, not the veracity of the comments. Having been a competitor in races with fatalities and having been a spectator when others have died, perhaps I'm a bit more sentimental about these things, but there are plenty of forums to discuss the negative aspects of drivers, avoid ones marking the anniversaries of their deaths.