Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 game

Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
    Codemasters know what they are doing - I'm gutted I have to wait till 2010 though for a decent racing game. Gran Turismo 5 also seems to be taking ages to be done.
    Niente è vero, tutto è permesso

Liked 21 Times in 13 Posts
    I'm dissapointed just as you are,that's why I'm playing RBR for 3 years now (no SEGA rally or DIRT can change that)...

I actually understand them,arcade games are sold A LOT better than real sims...
    Simulations are harder (I know people who stopped playing RBR after one day because it's too hard,while I'm sure that wouldn't happen with DIRT or any NFS) and they require additional gear for the real experience.

The only games I really enjoyed in the last 4 years as a hardcore fan were RBR and Gran Turismo 4. I enjoyed CMR 5 and WRC 3-4 but they aren't real sims

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Red face given up on racing games

I was a bit disappointed when I heard codemasters were doing the next F1 game.
    Their toca/v8 series has morphed very slowly from its first, undriveable effort.
    The latest 2 have been ok but, to be honest, I lose interest with the plethora of crap cars (gran turismo etc)and have a MAJOR problem having to sit ridiculous licence tests & game unlocks over & over & over.
    I would conservatively be a 30 time world champion, 100 time GP winner & 20 time touring car champ yet, they make me take silly lessons every time.
    JUST GIVE ME THE F*CKEN CARS & TRACKS!!!
    It really grates when I realise its inversely proportional to the road licence system in my country!
    Game design/planning is another pet-hate; why have tyres that wont last more than a few laps? Does the driver have to always setup the car, are the pit-crews state-run department-of-idiots? (not to mention some of the pit dialogue!)
    It seems to me they could make one game, then sell upgrades thereafter to suit demand for classes & cars & everyone wins.
    Geoff Crammond's GP series on PC was King. Then it got bought out, re-hashed & burned.
    What a pity.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In fact, rather than pissing me off with their childish tricks, they should be sending me a demo for approval!!
    Spend money on another half-arsed effort, um... no.

Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by V12
    Hmm...looks OK I guess but GP2 (the game, not the series) was still better
    Well, a friend turned me on to GP4 as I've never played any of the other games in the series. Also, I found out that most PC gamers are playing rFactor now, a completely mod-able game. There are all sorts of different series and seasons within those series....
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Quote Originally Posted by philipbain
    If you want an F1 sim that is up to date and will always be up to date then rFactor on the PC is the place to go. There are excellent F1 mods for it (and unlike a lot of games with mods this game is all about the mods and designed as such) as well as mods for just about any kind of car racing you can imagine.

To get you started you can download a demo version from http://www.rfactor.net/ of the game that can then be purchased for the nominal price of £24.99. The mods and everything else you will ever need can be downloaded for free from http://www.rfactorcentral.com/ . Only word of warning is that to enjoy the game fully you will need a reasonably decent PC with a good and solid graphics card (though nothing too hardcore) and I can't emphasise enough the need for a steering wheel, preferably force feedback and preferably a Logitech G25, which whilst expensive is truly worth every penny.

As for the Codies F1 game, i'll wait and see, one of my favourite F1 games ever was made by Codemasters, but that was from a long time ago, it was called Slicks and was made for the Commodore 64, it featured 6 tracks, 6 different teams and worked on a top down view and it also used the points system for multiplayer, both of these elements were carried forward for the fantastic Micro Machines games on consoles.
    Yes! I had a demo of rFactor - it had the 2007 BMW-Sauber and the Nurburgring. What a game! I've never played a game so realistic.... I should go out and buy it but I'm having to much fun with GP4 and seeing Ralf leading the championship (this being the 2001 season... I'm JPM).

Quote Originally Posted by punter_S14
    I was a bit disappointed when I heard codemasters were doing the next F1 game.
    Their toca/v8 series has morphed very slowly from its first, undriveable effort.
    The latest 2 have been ok but, to be honest, I lose interest with the plethora of crap cars (gran turismo etc)and have a MAJOR problem having to sit ridiculous licence tests & game unlocks over & over & over.
    I would conservatively be a 30 time world champion, 100 time GP winner & 20 time touring car champ yet, they make me take silly lessons every time.
    JUST GIVE ME THE F*CKEN CARS & TRACKS!!!
    It really grates when I realise its inversely proportional to the road licence system in my country!
    Game design/planning is another pet-hate; why have tyres that wont last more than a few laps? Does the driver have to always setup the car, are the pit-crews state-run department-of-idiots? (not to mention some of the pit dialogue!)
    It seems to me they could make one game, then sell upgrades thereafter to suit demand for classes & cars & everyone wins.
    Geoff Crammond's GP series on PC was King. Then it got bought out, re-hashed & burned.
    What a pity.
    It did? What did the GP series turn into?

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones
    It did? What did the GP series turn into?
    I presumed he meant companies bought the F1 licence.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Oh. Okay. I know EA had for a while and right when they decided to bow out they made a great game in F1 Challenge 99-02.

What I would really like to see is a career mode.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones
    Yes! I had a demo of rFactor - it had the 2007 BMW-Sauber and the Nurburgring. What a game! I've never played a game so realistic.... I should go out and buy it but I'm having to much fun with GP4 and seeing Ralf leading the championship (this being the 2001 season... I'm JPM).
    A lot of people say the Rfactor F1 car is the best one in any game.

Would you say that would run on my laptop as I can run GTR2 ok.