Page 45 of 63 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 game

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hehe,even when I´m not an F12010 player and what I´ve heard from my friend about online, yeah the level there isn´t too great and as has been said even at this thread most of the players are there just to cause mayhem.

What comes to wheels and all aids off,its always one of those things the people complain about. Its actually true that with wheel,you are quicker at most of the racing games than with pad because with pad,the car doesnt turn so well and even if it does the tyres are always in maximum turning position and you lose speed specially at the faster corners. Also the throttle with wheel gives you a quicker acceleration and sometimes even a higher top speed. What comes to all assists off it is just the most giving even when sometimes a bit fustrating thing at the motorsport games and far from cheating,even if it may help you with top speeds,it surely makes you to lose time on brakings and cornering.

It still sounds a bit weird to me that actually at assists accepted games,there doesnt seem to be any lock up for host settings as in most of the games?? You can still pick,whatever you want to drive with?

Anyway but its still not cheating! It is just about what kind of equipment you have to play these games and we all know that wheels are more fun too. So keep going!

ps. The forum talk at codies is just normal.. Remember the times when people were yelling at driving forums with different games that making setups is cheating...
    Schlesser-Aventures

Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    Well sorry X but I still feel it's very possible to cheat in F1 2010. According to the guys on the CM forum they have tried and successfully raced with 200% grip without it being blocked, so it's possible. Plus explain to me how the guys I raced a few weeks ago were doing 1m08s around Hockenheim if thats not cheating. You know I'm not slow around there and I was doing 1m14s.

Your problem is your starts are brilliant every single time which makes it look like you've got some grip advantage, cos you make up 1 row on the grid every start.
    CMR4L titles: 2, RBR MF Cup titles: 2
    :champion:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixa
    What comes to wheels and all aids off,its always one of those things the people complain about. Its actually true that with wheel,you are quicker at most of the racing games than with pad because with pad,the car doesnt turn so well and even if it does the tyres are always in maximum turning position and you lose speed specially at the faster corners. Also the throttle with wheel gives you a quicker acceleration and sometimes even a higher top speed. What comes to all assists off it is just the most giving even when sometimes a bit fustrating thing at the motorsport games and far from cheating,even if it may help you with top speeds,it surely makes you to lose time on brakings and cornering.
    I think it's also down to settings to a great extent. People who do some research and trial and error, use custom setups etc. usually get better at the game gradually. For example, at first I wasn't really confident in my wheel, which is Logitech Momo, about 35% of the price of a G27, but having beaten many guys using G25 and G27's, I honestly wouldn't trade my Momo. Everything seems perfect on the wheel.

Right now, I've hit the sweet spot as far as setup goes. In fact the cornering speed, going in and coming out of corners etc. I can see is MUCH better than other guys I'm competing against. However, there are some guys who are just too fast, and the mind ponders sometimes if they cheat. :P There is this Swedish guy in my GFWL friend list who almost always takes out a second out of me on every track, no matter what I do. So, I guess I still have some more work to do.

It still sounds a bit weird to me that actually at assists accepted games,there doesnt seem to be any lock up for host settings as in most of the games?? You can still pick,whatever you want to drive with?
    I don't think so. I've hosted games with all assists off, and once you're in the pits, if you go to options > driving assists, you cannot change the options. They no longer have the side arrows available. Everything is off.

Anyway but its still not cheating! It is just about what kind of equipment you have to play these games and we all know that wheels are more fun too. So keep going!

ps. The forum talk at codies is just normal.. Remember the times when people were yelling at driving forums with different games that making setups is cheating...
    This happens in almost every game. There will always be some people who will jump and say the better guy is cheating, no matter how much proof they get. Happened to one of my friends playing COD: MW2 online or Warcraft 3 online. So, well, kids will always call it unfair if it's something they don't understand.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce D
    Well sorry X but I still feel it's very possible to cheat in F1 2010. According to the guys on the CM forum they have tried and successfully raced with 200% grip without it being blocked, so it's possible. Plus explain to me how the guys I raced a few weeks ago were doing 1m08s around Hockenheim if thats not cheating. You know I'm not slow around there and I was doing 1m14s.
    Well, I've only come across something like this once in all the times I have raced. It was at Spa, and during qualifying the guy did a 1:14 lap and seconds later it showed that he was disqualified from the race. Maybe the anti-cheat system did kick in at that time. Didn't come across this ever again since.

Your problem is your starts are brilliant every single time which makes it look like you've got some grip advantage, cos you make up 1 row on the grid every start.
    I just jam the throttle right down to the floor at the last red light, and when the race starts, I change to second as soon as it hits the redline. Then in the third gear, there's a little pickup before it gets to the redline before changing to fourth, that's where my car has this sudden burst of acceleration and I overtake cars around me. Probably I can't explain it very well.

However, this doesn't work with other pro guys I've raced against, because it seems they've also nailed this to the T. Had an all assists off race the other day against some high ranked players, ranks 37, 40, 42 etc. and I started in 3rd, and was 3rd by the end of the 2nd lap.

I know you've always been tentative at the start Bruce, and I jump you every time. But then if I had extra grip, wouldn't I be doing lap times 10 seconds faster? The only place where I guess I have a little advantage is at Monaco, and that's because the setup from Racedepartment is brilliant! As it is for Hockenheim and Sao Paolo. I've gained huge amounts of time on these 3 circuits using those setups.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    I'm really enjoying the online racing. I've found that I might be a touch slower that some of the best but I tend to win coz they keep shunting themselves into anything that moves - it's hilarious!
    All other opinions are wrong....

See now that is the wierd thing, I tried to start like you before (because I thought maybe you were just flooring it and I was stuffing around here) and it just sits on the rev limiter if I change to 2nd it just goes straight on the limiter so I change to 3rd and now it gets grip and bogs down. Meanwhile you're off into the sunset. I'm just using you as an example but I can beat others off the line. Interestingly enough a little while ago someone was saying what you were saying about starts being easy and others were saying that was rubbish and they got terrible starts if they did that. I'll give your method another go some time but I'm beginning to get a feeling there is somehow some difference between the boxed version and the download version.

Look at this brake locking issue I've had since day one. I've read what other guys do and I try it and I either get no braking at all or terrible locking. My method has been the most successful for me. Just seems like we're all playing on different versions for some reason. I can't quite work it out.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    See now that is the wierd thing, I tried to start like you before (because I thought maybe you were just flooring it and I was stuffing around here) and it just sits on the rev limiter if I change to 2nd it just goes straight on the limiter so I change to 3rd and now it gets grip and bogs down. Meanwhile you're off into the sunset. I'm just using you as an example but I can beat others off the line. Interestingly enough a little while ago someone was saying what you were saying about starts being easy and others were saying that was rubbish and they got terrible starts if they did that. I'll give your method another go some time but I'm beginning to get a feeling there is somehow some difference between the boxed version and the download version.

Look at this brake locking issue I've had since day one. I've read what other guys do and I try it and I either get no braking at all or terrible locking. My method has been the most successful for me. Just seems like we're all playing on different versions for some reason. I can't quite work it out.
    I doubt that's the case. I mean for sure Steam can't have a different version than the boxed one? I'm thinking this could be down to the default steering settings as well, because I remember to have put all deadzones, steering, throttle and braking to 0% and that made the handling much more crispier for me. It made maneuvering easier, throttle response better, braking better etc. etc.

As for the brake locking issue that you had, I never understood that, because when we were racing online with the same game settings and assists on the same circuit, I never had that issue. I'm thinking it could be again more to do with the steering wheel settings.

As for your start problem, that's weird again, because I don't get that problem ever. I'll post a video of my start in an online race, if I can. Like I said before, it's pedal to the metal at race start, then shift ASAP to 2nd at the redline. After you shift to second, it does get to the redline initially for a millisecond, but then goes down and comes up again, that's when I shift to third, and that is when my car closes the distance dramatically to the cars infront, or if I'm ahead, I pull away.

Also, interestingly this doesn't work at Monaco with the higher downforce and faster gearing setup, neither at Hungary.

Thats wierd, wonder why it doesn't work on high downforce levels?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thats wierd, wonder why it doesn't work on high downforce levels?
    I think because of the short gearing ratios it hits the RPM limiter too quick. I don't make too much ground, but don't lose it either.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by X-ecutioner
    Well, I've only come across something like this once in all the times I have raced. It was at Spa, and during qualifying the guy did a 1:14 lap and seconds later it showed that he was disqualified from the race. Maybe the anti-cheat system did kick in at that time. Didn't come across this ever again since.

I just jam the throttle right down to the floor at the last red light, and when the race starts, I change to second as soon as it hits the redline. Then in the third gear, there's a little pickup before it gets to the redline before changing to fourth, that's where my car has this sudden burst of acceleration and I overtake cars around me. Probably I can't explain it very well.

However, this doesn't work with other pro guys I've raced against, because it seems they've also nailed this to the T. Had an all assists off race the other day against some high ranked players, ranks 37, 40, 42 etc. and I started in 3rd, and was 3rd by the end of the 2nd lap.

I know you've always been tentative at the start Bruce, and I jump you every time. But then if I had extra grip, wouldn't I be doing lap times 10 seconds faster? The only place where I guess I have a little advantage is at Monaco, and that's because the setup from Racedepartment is brilliant! As it is for Hockenheim and Sao Paolo. I've gained huge amounts of time on these 3 circuits using those setups.
    I'm using the custom setups as I'm going on in the career mode, but I was wondering if you could post your setups, for dry and wet weather? I have hard time shifting manually, I usually end up in a spinning on slow corners, and its very hard to judge which gear to be on while braking, any tips on that, and yes now I can race with traction control turned off I raced in Malaysia in wet weather and I was able to win the race after the 20th time I think lol but it was fun driving in those conditions with the AI set to legend mode.