Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts

From China, Hamilton in trouble within his own team?

From
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/for...urn-China.html

Already grievously hurt by the damage he did to his own reputation by lying to the stewards over how Jarno Trulli came to pass him under the safety car at the opening round in Australia on March 29, the support network Hamilton has counted on for more than a decade was falling down around him in the Shanghai paddock

Several of the mechanics at McLaren, the Surrey-based team whose golden boy he has been since falling under their wing as a sensational 13-year-old karter, have
    deserted him — for deserting them.

The rank and file here are still furious that Dave Ryan, an employee for 35 years, was sacked for his role in the cheating scandal.

Ryan was undoubtedly culpable as the only McLaren man other than Hamilton to enter
    the stewards’ room to spin the deceit. But the fact that the multimillionaire sought to
    shift the majority of the blame on to the sporting director hastened his departure.
    One team insider, who wished to remain anonymous, said: ‘They have all known Davey for many, many years and are upset he became the fall guy. Then there was the talk of Lewis threatening to quit the team. That did not go down well because we feel he should have shown more support after the work we’ve done for him. The guys put all the hours in and don’t get anywhere near the rewards he does.’
    Hamilton has worn a haunted look all weekend. He agreed to speak to the press only after the FIA ruling body wrote to McLaren to remind them that Article 35.2 of the sporting regulations required him to do so at all ‘reasonable’ times.

He had spent Thursday, which is usually set aside for media engagements in the build-up to a race, in the McLaren hospitality area rather than fulfilling his normal press duties.
    On Friday, McLaren changed their schedule under duress. There would be a brief media scrum conducted in a cramped doorway. The Tannoy was just a few feet away, broadcasting to the circuit and drowning out Hamilton’s words for all but those reporters closest to him.

I'm picking up vibes: Lewis Hamilton has become unpopular in recent weeks with his team
    His answers were curt and clipped. There is a suggestion that he read every condemnatory word of the newspaper coverage of his indiscretion and felt let down.
    But his manner, uncharacteristically abrupt, was essentially a reflection of his mood — disenchantment reinforced by isolation. He failed to commit himself to seeing out his contract and was less than effusive about Ron Dennis, his supposed mentor who stepped down as chairman of the McLaren Group as part of an inelegant solution to satisfy demands from the company’s major shareholders — Mercedes and the
    Bahrain royal family.

They were furious that McLaren — and their good name — was in the dock again just two years after Spygate and the £50million fine they received for having Ferrari’s technical data in their possession.

So here was Hamilton in the middle of a storm and facing possible censure — including expulsion from the championship — from the governing body which he believes has previously given him less than a fair break.

One McLaren insider said: ‘We can’t afford to give the FIA an inch.’

While there may be those that do not like the slant of the article as to the interview referenced in the article, here is from autosport:
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74522

Q. Have you spoken to Ron Dennis?

LH: No.

Q. Do you intend to?

LH: I will do at some stage.

Q. What was your feeling last night then when you heard he had gone?

LH: I wasn't disappointed. I was surprised, but I had not heard about it. I was just as surprised as the rest of my team.

But it must be difficult because of your relationship, to see him step back like that?

LH: Of course. Ron has been a huge force and support in my life, and he still plays a key role in my life. Whether or not he is in the team or not, I think you guys have been writing about it for years that as soon as he gets to a certain stage he will move aside. I guess, I don't know why, he decided to do it now.

Q. Did you get the signal from the people around the team that he was happier for making this decision?

LH: I honestly haven't spoken to anyone about it. I heard just as the team did yesterday. I went away last night with it.

Q. Is there a mood within the team for a new beginning?

LH: Not that I have seen, no.

AND AFTER THE RACE:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74646
    Q. How was your car?
    LH: Not very good.
    Q. Is there a hope it will improve for the next few races?
    LH: I don't know, I have to speak to my team, but I hope so because we need as much improvement as possible so we will keep pushing.
    Q. Pushing too hard at times in a car that wasn't ready to be pushed that hard?
    LH: For sure all weekend I have been pushing that car beyond its limits, and beyond what it is really capable of. Today just proved it, especially when the tyres dropped off, I just wasn't able to avoid the oversteer moments.
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Not remotely surprised, I'm afraid. I said at the time that LH using the "I was told to lie" excuse would not go down well, and it seems to be true.

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    I cheered Lewis along all last season and the season before, and I have to admit he has disappointed me greatly after the latest scandal.
    If he had been man enough to admit to his mistake rather than push all the blame elsewhere, and backed the team that has spent so much time, money, and energy backing him throughout his career, then I would have more respect for him.

I feel let down as an F1 fan.

Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
    Daily Mail, purveyors of fine quality toilet paper since the 19th century and a reliable and insightful source for the latest F1 news since, never.
    interesting quotes you picked, didn't want to go with;
    Hamilton:
    “But I found a good pace and had some fun in the opening laps"

"I made a few too many mistakes today. "

"I’m glad I got some points for the team.”

Whitmarsh:
    "Lewis pressed hard all afternoon – and, when you do that, occasionally you run wide or spin. Lewis duly did so – but, in truth, his was a great drive, too."

no, wouldn't want to risk putting a positive "slant" on things.
    I suppose it is kind of fitting that the Daily Mail should become a news source for F1 fans since the sport has become a massive prolonged joke.

btw you forgot to mention kool aid in your post, (you can edit it)

yodasarmpit, i just don't know what Lewis will do without your respect

I've pretty much reached the end of the road with both F1 and the sanctimonious internet dip$h!ts who inhabit this forum,

I'll give indy another try, its a joke too but the punchline is funnier,
    and of course I won't make the mistake of joining an internet forum again, (surely the most convenient way to meet some of the dullest and most obnoxious cry babies on earth)

later.
    -Sent from a computer using my fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifune
    I've pretty much reached the end of the road with both F1 and the sanctimonious internet dip$h!ts who inhabit this forum,

I'll give indy another try, its a joke too but the punchline is funnier,
    and of course I won't make the mistake of joining an internet forum again, (surely the most convenient way to meet some of the dullest and most obnoxious cry babies on earth)

later.
    Cheerio!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    The Mail is the same paper who, at the height of Liegate, went absolutely OTT about Lewis speeding in the pitlane during practice - a fairly common transgression. He was made out to be an arrogant and dangerous a-hole for going 4kph over the limit.

Remember, this is the same paper who drummed up the Russell Brand / Jonathon Ross storm, two listeners complained at the time and nobody really cared until the Mail stuck their beak in and whipped up the blue-rinse brigade who buy their crap.

I wouldn't buy their paper if it came with a free gold ingot.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    The Mail is the same paper who, at the height of Liegate, went absolutely OTT about Lewis speeding in the pitlane during practice - a fairly common transgression. He was made out to be an arrogant and dangerous a-hole for going 4kph over the limit.

Remember, this is the same paper who drummed up the Russell Brand / Jonathon Ross storm, two listeners complained at the time and nobody really cared until the Mail stuck their beak in and whipped up the blue-rinse brigade who buy their crap.

Daily Mail = Daily Conservative. A bunch of public school hooray henry's who were no doubt 8ugg3r3d sensless at boarding school......
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    Seconded.

Regardless, I've seen this story elsewhere and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was true. Hamilton trying to shift the blame would hardly go down well with the mechanics, especially if McLaren were banned after this court hearing (and that's still only an "if").

Or, if no further action is taken they can get on and rebuild their relationship. But tensions will be high in that team, I have no doubt of that.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    I thought the worse was the attitude Hamilton expressed in the interview and on a video clip about Ron Dennis I saw......struck me as perfect, I mean perfect confirmation of what the Sun article was talking about....

The guy has again ratted on his team about his lying, used Ryan as a scapegoat over the lie that he told to get one measley point....and has never taken any individual responsibility in his so-called "apology"

But so what?

Q. Have you spoken to Ron Dennis?

LH: No.

Q. Do you intend to?

LH: I will do at some stage.

Q. What was your feeling last night then when you heard he had gone?

LH: I wasn't disappointed. I was surprised, but I had not heard about it. I was just as surprised as the rest of my team.

"I guess, I don't know why, he decided to do it now."

As in.... oh yawn, ron gone??
    Sort of rhymes, don't it
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifune

yodasarmpit, i just don't know what Lewis will do without your respect
    I respect him as a great driver, but not so much as a man.
    I hope he works through this period, shows some loyalty to those behind the scenes who have worked their arses off getting him to this position and becomes both a better man and driver.