Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio
    He did not say that those are your words
    Quite true, they are my words (I also provided the direct quote) but I think they're a reasonable summary of what he said. Why? Because:

"our teams have been and are world champions" - who else is he referring to but Renault, Ferrari and McLaren?

"the championship is now fought between..." - he's making a comparison between this season, and previous years when "our teams" were winning

"I don't know where credibility has ended up with all this" - what credibility is he questioning other than a 2009 championship headed by Brawn drivers?

Quote Originally Posted by Tazio
    He's telling an Italian publication what they want to here.
    So? To me it still comes across as sour grapes. His team did not come up with the diffuser solution. They're languishing back in the pack, and the chances are Alonso will be gone if this level of performance continues.

The only person whining is Briatore.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    Flavio Briatore is like Cristiano Ronaldo Ronaldo sometimes says funny things
    That is the cruelest thing anyone has ever said about Ronaldo. God, being lumped together with Sleazy Flav.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    Rubens is quite right. Where were the Renaults today, 16th and 19th?
    Flav's bricks can't even keep up with the non bodgy diffuser brigade - how sad is that.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    He knows Button better than any of us, and he did sent Button packing because he just wasn't good enough.
    Maybe, maybe not, but 1) that was at the end of 2002 - a long time ago, 2) Button has since proved he is more than good enough, 3) Briatore had Alonso waiting in the wings, 4) this all misses the point.

The point, very simply, is that IMHO there is no issue of credibility over this year's championship. Brawn and their drivers deserve to be where they are today. They've come through a tough winter, produced a fantastic (legal) car, and are producing the results.

Still, it's just another Briatore soundbite
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Flavio always makes a lot of noise, but he´s right in a way. Its good that Brawn hasnt got a top tier pairing. If that was the case, I wouldnt watch a single race, since the titles would be decided already. No Im not sure yet.

Just wondering if 2009 will be remembered as a year when titles were decided on technical details? Jenson -should he win- would always be called the diffusor champion.

Right? At least the last 2 wdc´s were decided on track.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    That is the cruelest thing anyone has ever said about Ronaldo. God, being lumped together with Sleazy Flav.
    So sorry, Valve. I didn't want in insult Ronaldo...
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He's a character - I'll give him that. And with that in mind, its good for F1 to have characters who speak their mind.

I find it funny how people complain that F1 is full of PR speak and people aren't allowed to show any character, and when we have a few who do speak their mind, they get criticised if their opinion isn't the same as whose doing the criticism.

Talking of team principles, Whitmarsh has impressed me a lot in his Q&A sessions, he comes across very honest, heartfelt and like a genuinely nice guy.

Latest being found http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74505

With him and SD at the head of the leading teams, both seem to be totally opposite to Todt and Dennis, in that they're much more likable characters.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Mario and Stefano thinks the same way as Flavio, only they don't have the balls to say it in public
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    Mario and Stefano thinks the same way as Flavio, only they don't have the balls to say it in public
    Exactly.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    Flavio has balls - since when??