Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts

Is Ross the next Frank?

Ferrari, MacLaren & Williams have all had great success in F1. With all that these three teams have done in the past, most people feel that these are the teams F1 can't afford to lose.

My question is: 20 years from now, will people think the same way of Brawn GP as they do of these three other F1 greats?

Ross has shown he's got what it takes to create and maintain a successful F1 team. If anyone has the talent to create the next F1 dynasty, I would think he might be the guy. I know it's extremely early to be thinking of this sort of thing, but will F1 have four teams that it can't afford to lose in the future?

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    We've had teams we couldn't afford to loose in the past.

Lotus and Brabham spring to mind.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 'ear
    Is Ross the next Frank?
    Brawn may be the child of an equal or greater god IMHO mokin:
    May the forza be with you

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Firstgear
    Ferrari, MacLaren & Williams have all had great success in F1. With all that these three teams have done in the past, most people feel that these are the teams F1 can't afford to lose.

My question is: 20 years from now, will people think the same way of Brawn GP as they do of these three other F1 greats?

Ross has shown he's got what it takes to create and maintain a successful F1 team. If anyone has the talent to create the next F1 dynasty, I would think he might be the guy. I know it's extremely early to be thinking of this sort of thing, but will F1 have four teams that it can't afford to lose in the future?
    Depends if BGP 'sells out' (outright) to a manufacturer.

If they're still around for the long term then Brawn is no different to Chapman/Lotus, Tyrell, Williams, Dennis/McLaren, Penske, Ganassi.

Racing is in their blood, pure and simple.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Ross Brawn has proven himself to be a very cagey race manager, often calling shots which gave SchM crucial advantage to allow him to pass opposition cars and win races. This was evident in Oz when he immediately called bunsen to pit before the SC came out.

On top of this, Honda, with Brawn at the helm, spent the whole of last year developing this years car, and very well too.

My view is that Brawn is smarter than Patrick Head, is cooler under fire, (figuratively), and will continue to win races if the Merc continues to be as good as it has been in races 1 and 2. And if bunsen continues his good form.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce

My view is that Brawn is smarter than Patrick Head, is cooler under fire, (figuratively), and will continue to win races if the Merc continues to be as good as it has been in races 1 and 2. And if bunsen continues his good form.

You forgot his strongest point of all, the best name....TEAM BRAWN
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    You forgot his strongest point of all, the best name....TEAM BRAWN
    ...........or Brawn, Branson, Bunsen and Barrichello. Sounds like the Barbers' Quartet. :
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    ...........or Brawn, Branson, Bunsen and Barrichello. Sounds like the Barbers' Quartet. :
    Music to my ears.....as sweet as the old ferrari V-10 at full song

Got to do something about that sponsor...."Virgin"?? VIRGIN? My money says that ain't no fing VIRGINS to be found anywhere close to those guys (but if they were, they would not stay that way very long:eek
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Or Brawn, Branson, Bunsen from Britain and Barrichello from Brazil with a Benz in the Back

Haven't we been here before

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyL
    Or Brawn, Branson, Bunsen from Britain and Barrichello from Brazil with a Benz in the Back

Haven't we been here before
    Just call em the "Killer B's"
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".