Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I hope you are a prophet!!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford
    Probably Citroen-s budget will be lowered (due to the current economical situation and their new chef)
    What about their new chef...? Have you tried his cooking or what
    Winner Best Signature Championship 2007! Winner of BSC 2008! Winner of BSC 2009!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MJW
    The problem is whilst S2000's can join in for 2010 the WRCars are still there. No way will an S2000 car be competitive against a WR car.
    Man, this would be the end really ... :\ WRC cars OUT please.

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus
    What about their new chef...? Have you tried his cooking or what
    That was good joke :-) By missing one pointless i in my word I actually found another reason. When he has new chef then he doesn't like his food anymore and cannot concentrate on driving :-)

Otherwise I think that Citroen has the best tactics, best car and best drivers. It looks very good tactics and almost no one cannot notice it. First day on the first corner you make very small mistake and after a few seconds you keep on driving. So, your main opponent (Hirvonen) thinks that he is the man and 20 seconds is enough for him not to play tactics on Friday. Rallyfans are happy as well because there is nice competition on Friday and almost half of the Saturday as well. So, on Saturday afternoon you (Loeb) push as hell and get advantage big enough to drive well without going crazy on Sunday.

What was Ford tactics. Latvala to drive very well on first day without going crazy and leading Mikko by some margin. Loeb probably even more behind. On second day Latvala first on the road and sweeping while Mikko is enjoying his cleaner lines and probably keeping Loeb behind. on last day Latvala starts third with much cleaner road and passes Mikko and Loeb:-)
    but..
    now we have just candidate nr 20 for the biggest crash title. At least one title that Ford might get this year :-)
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Unfortunately I must admit that I am getting a bit bored with this year’s championship. Problem is that it is just so predictable and I'm not just talking about Seb winning all the time (by the way I hope he wins all the events this year).

Being an Australian my first disappointment was Chris's lack of participation this year. This has followed by:-

1. Seb winning all the time;
    2. Mikko coming second all the time and not being able to compete (even Malcolm has said this);
    3. Latvala, being the only hope to challenge Seb, crashing all the time; and
    4. Dani just going for a sunday drive to secure manufactures points.

I said at the start of the year that WRC could potentially die this year, I just didn't realise I would be effected.

Do I have an immediate answer - NO, but I believe the sport needs a massive makeover to make it interesting again. Will 2010 be that makeover? Jury still out I think.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by curry
    Unfortunately I must admit that I am getting a bit bored with this year’s championship. Problem is that it is just so predictable and I'm not just talking about Seb winning all the time (by the way I hope he wins all the events this year).

Being an Australian my first disappointment was Chris's lack of participation this year. This has followed by:-

1. Seb winning all the time;
    2. Mikko coming second all the time and not being able to compete (even Malcolm has said this);
    3. Latvala, being the only hope to challenge Seb, crashing all the time; and
    4. Dani just going for a sunday drive to secure manufactures points.

I said at the start of the year that WRC could potentially die this year, I just didn't realise I would be effected.

Do I have an immediate answer - NO, but I believe the sport needs a massive makeover to make it interesting again. Will 2010 be that makeover? Jury still out I think.
    You're quite right - the jury is still out, and I'm not too hopeful with some of ISC's ideas. Don't change the sport to suit TV, it has ruined it. Make the sport interesting and exciting with the rules and regs - then TV will come.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah i Agree with you Andy.

I also thinks there's to many Super Specials in some rallies. OK start with a Super Special on Thursday evening but let the rest of the stages be real rally stages and not just 2 laps in a stadium.

Then i think they need to make the rallies longer. i mean 6 stages on the saturday is way too few. especially since its just 3 stages that is run twice.

I think there has been a bit too much focus the past years on coast saving issues and milking the spectators for money rather then actually making the sport more attractive to manufactors and spectators and media.

One thing that they should change is that its now very limited to where you are allowed to spectate. IMO they did this to be able to charge an entrence fee even though its saftey reason as well. they could keep the special spectators places but allow people to spectate anywhere they like.
    Its just to crowded on the spectator places and i really dont want to walk for 1½ from the car to the stage entrence.

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    One of the events, maybe the only, this year that will hopefully equalize a couple of drivers in the top, is the Finnish round, Neste Ralli Finland.

I will be there and hope to see a finnish driver to win again if not before... :
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    OT: nice to see som new swedish "faces" on the forum! We are not so many...

On Topic: I would also like to see Loeb winning every event this year, it would make a beautiful statement, not only abt Loeb as a driver and Citroen, but also about the state of world rallying.
    Winner Best Signature Championship 2007! Winner of BSC 2008! Winner of BSC 2009!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah, the only way I see Seb not winning a rally this year is if he makes a mistake and crashes (not likely, but always a possibility) or somehow Ford manages to coax Gronholm into JML's car. That isn't likely either.