Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts

Williams - dark horse and on the rise?

They seem to be there or there abouts. If only they could sort out their tyre usage issues.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I hope so. Strong pace in practice but so-so race pace and decisions. They could sneak a win this year but it'll only come with a lot of good luck.

Glad to see they might finally be on the way back up. Having enough pace to re-sign Rosberg for net year and we may get somewhere

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Rosberg was good today.

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Rosberg could have won if it stayed dry. I am a big Williams an Rosberg fan and was pleased to see him show his true potential, its a shame the race didnt end like that for him. He should've done better if it wasnt for tyres.

But Rosberg and Williams on the rise. Brawn and Toyota need to watch out.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Yes, I believe Williams will be on the move this year. Rosberg is coming good now, he's been driving solidly at many points during what has been of this season. I have full belief that he could have won today had circumstances been less extreme. Although I'm delighted that Button, Heidfeld and Glock all got their piece on the podium, I felt gutted that Rosberg walked away with minimal points, after such a great effort he put in.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    I think Rosberg is the sort of guy thats done a quite yet solid and good job for 3 years now and in a compeititive car he can do really well. hopefully this year the williams is competitive enough for him to shine, It looks so at the moment. Hopefully this year it will be Brawn vs Toyota vs Red Bull vs Williams and it looks good for that.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Fantastic performance by Williams. It was quite incredible to see Rosberg leading a Grand Prix on merit, I would have hardly believed in such scenario before the season. Makes predicting the future quite difficult. And after all, Nico might reconsider his threat to leave Williams, although I still doubt Williams in current state (without manufacturer backing) would really be capable of becoming a genuine title contender. Shame that Nakajima was literally invisible for the whole race - in a car as quick as FW31 surely he should impress more?

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    You lot are getting your hopes way too high and the fall will be a painful one.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Williams certainly are a dark horse for an opportunistic race win this year, but of the DDD teams they're definately the weakest for race pace from what we've seen so far.

Rosberg's phenomenal performances in 5 of the 6 free practice sessions have flattered to deceive somewhat, but his stunning wet-weather drive in Malaysia was very good indeed.

I've always had a soft spot for Williams, and if pressed to name a team (as distinct from a driver) I support then I really hope they do well; but I think it's a big big stretch to get back to the form they displayed in the mid 90s.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    You lot are getting your hopes way too high and the fall will be a painful one.
    Why do you say that?
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam