Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

For Aussie's - F1 one ONE

Just wondering what people's opinion of the new ONE channel and their coverage of formula one...

The Aust gp was a big event which was covered by Ten, but now we are getting into the season we are starting to see how the rest of the season will be presented to us.

We are used to being jerked about when it comes to watching our beloved sport. Back in the days of channel nine and recently on ten, Reality shows and other programs have been taken priority, and we have been forced to watch our sport at ridiculous hours with delayed telecasts.

But now, watching the buildup to the malaysian gp, I'm pretty impressed. We have a one hour build up show with interviews and insights, live telecasts, qualifying. we are finally seeing a network dedicated to the sport! And i am loving it!!!

Obviously Ten and One are the same company, but its good to see that F1 is finally getting decent coverage in Australia. Good work One
    Sir! While I disagree with what you are saying, I will fight to the death your right to spell the words incorerctly and use heinous.. grammar yo !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    and before you say anything, dont mention the typo in the topic title
    Sir! While I disagree with what you are saying, I will fight to the death your right to spell the words incorerctly and use heinous.. grammar yo !!!

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    I don't know. If you don't live in a capital city you can't get it. Ten re-broadcasts through Southern Cross in the Illawarra and SC are pathetic. They don't show anything in HD, Their HD channel shows little other than the HD demo so we didn't get the live races last year either.

To make matters worse SC has even dropped qualifying this year as I suppose it's on One only. So were going backward whilst the rest of the world progresses. Pathetic.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    I cannot express to you all how much I enjoy their lengthy, ill-timed ad breaks.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sorry to hear regional Aust isn't getting it - that is a joke.

In line with the original post I'm wrapt that One HD are showing so much coverage and live Really fantastic and would have paid to see it on pay but it's great we don't have to. We're happy to bag a network for their coverage but Ten/One HD deserve some postive recognition for their coverage.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    OneHD better than Ten the last few yrs in terms of showing races live and giving us good leadups to the race but poor in terms of ad breaks and switching over the McConville and Compton - I don't care what you two idiots say and while i'm not the biggest fan of the BBC lineup at least they sound half-intelligable and as if they are following the race
    "I am fed up with this car.....pfft"

M. Gronholm champion :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumbo
    OneHD better than Ten the last few yrs in terms of showing races live and giving us good leadups to the race but poor in terms of ad breaks and switching over the McConville and Compton - I don't care what you two idiots say and while i'm not the biggest fan of the BBC lineup at least they sound half-intelligable and as if they are following the race
    McConville and Greg Rust... Crompton (unfortuately) works for seven now with v8supercabs...

I Am pretty damn happy with OneHd's work... Its a shame that its not available in rural areas, but with this being a big and sparingly populated country, it takes an awful lot of infrastructure to set up digital tv, so give it time.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think ONE is doing a good job, I love not having to stay up all night to watch the F1 now!

As for the ad breaks, listen I don't think there is such thing as a WELL timed ad break, ad breaks will always suck but unfortunately thats the nature of commercial television, its either that or no broadcast at all i guess. Just gotta deal with it

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't know if this helps at all, not living in a regional area myself, but you can get ONE HD through Foxtel's digital service... maybe there are some people who cannot pick up ONE HD on free to air but may have access to Foxtel so that might be a solution for some people... A lot of money to pay just for the F1's though I know...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by millencolin
    McConville and Greg Rust... Crompton (unfortuately) works for seven now with v8supercabs...

I Am pretty damn happy with OneHd's work... Its a shame that its not available in rural areas, but with this being a big and sparingly populated country, it takes an awful lot of infrastructure to set up digital tv, so give it time.
    Yeh my bad lol! But having said Rust and Crompo are of the same mould
    "I am fed up with this car.....pfft"

M. Gronholm champion :D