Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyota....

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    ......for the titles?

Brawn and Williams are independent and as such will probably struggle to match the development pace of the big boys. So when Ferrari et all bolt on their fandango diffusers at some point in the european season you'd expect to see those independents slip into the pack.

But Toyota already have the head start on the swish aero and as they showed last year they can certainly maintain the development race all season, does this make them title winners in waiting??
    Yeah!! but the Prawns have Brawn and bunsen!
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    First ever front row for Toyota. Another milepost reached, another sign of improvement. For the first time ever Toyota is the car to beat in a Grand Prix weekend. Please-please bring that 1-2 from tomorrow's race to prove yourselves as a genuine top team!

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Hey where in the hell is Pino - He either over celebrated or is trying not to Jinx the race. But you know he has to be grinning like a jackass eating oats from a hairbrush
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    ......for the titles?

Brawn and Williams are independent and as such will probably struggle to match the development pace of the big boys. So when Ferrari et all bolt on their fandango diffusers at some point in the european season you'd expect to see those independents slip into the pack.

But Toyota already have the head start on the swish aero and as they showed last year they can certainly maintain the development race all season, does this make them title winners in waiting??
    You've forgotten one key ingredient in tht mix: Red Bull. I think If Brawn fail hold up development and as a result do not win, then I think Red Bull will edge it over Toyota.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Great performance from Toyota in qualifying today.

I think Toyota have an advantage over Red Bull to be honest. What Red Bull gain in having rising star Vettel on board, they loose in Mark Webber's atrocious luck. And Vettel isn't exactly bulletproof just yet. Both Toyota drivers have driven consistently so far this year. Even if they don't always have the pace to match the Brawns or Red Bulls at times (NB: its hard to judge this from the first three races to be honest, given the circumstances,) they can certainly keep up with development and their drivers are experienced. If they get a win under their belt tomorrow, its another milestone and may urge them on further into the realms of success this season. They have a smashing car and a really solid package, the best they've had yet. Best of luck for tomorrow
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    I will be quite open about it and say I really hope a Toyota wins later today.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    My guess, they'll screw up strategy
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelred5
    My guess, they'll screw up strategy
    lmao!

I hope John Howett can keep it together and come through for Jarno.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    I agree. I've never been a Toyota fan, but I love Jarno and think he is very underrated. I hope he wins tomorrow. I still remember how happy he was when he won in Monaco. That race... was fantastic.
    Iceman: Adjective 1)Rapid, swift 2)Nickname of Kimi-Matias Räikkönen, a legendary Formula 1 driver

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Well, same story as past years. Great over a qualifying lap but lacking that extra edge in the race. Still, a good result nonetheless if not a disappointing one too.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam