Quote Originally Posted by woody2goody
    Harsh
    Not any more harsh than when it happened at Magny-Cours 2004

[youtube]PrBoA1X5PpQ[/youtube]
    May the forza be with you

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio
    Not any more harsh than when it happened at Magny-Cours 2004
    As a Renault fan and a Trulli fan I've almost got my head in my hands just thinking about that lol!

He said he got his revenge last year in France though. Good on him

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio
    Talk to me after Rubens passes him on the last corner of the last lap for a podium.
    Remember you heard it here :
    Not before taking out a few cars
    Casey Stoner: 2007 World Champion

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    IMO BMW will win the titles, but we have to wait and see.
    Formula 1

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    An important factor that Toyota need to watch out for is not to make their current form plateau. Personally myself, I reckon BMW, Renault, Williams and Red Bull will excel and improve further throughout the year. I'm yet to be convinced about Ferrari and McLaren, but these are really just my own hunches. Brawn need to be careful of this mass threat too. I think if Toyota keep up their current form,and then keep applying that extra edge as the development moves on, then they could well be in the hunt for the title. But only as much as their rivals. I don't see them possessing any distinct advantage over every team, but so far they're keeping themselves well in contention.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    Live it up , Jens . You deserve it , for being such a die hard , loyal fan .

You took the lumps , now drink the champagne !

It was your boy Jarno that knew the rules , and got that trophy .
    Not just that , but from pit lane no less .

They've got a great car , and it's nice to see , finally .
    Thanks, mate.
    For me it's not really exciting to start cheering for someone at the front, but to choose someone from the bottom. Not to take an 'established' team, but to start following a new team, growing up together with them and following all of their steps in trying to establish themselves. ToyotaF1 ticks the box in these areas. Unlike many others they have very little racing heritage and are on course of creating one. It wasn't before 1996 as an engine supplier in CART they really started participating in notable racing series, having had WRC as their main motorsport activity before.

As for being loyal, hard times have only strengthened the support, making more compassionate. But times have been hard. I think the year of 2007 was the most difficult one of all. Back then, I must admit, it was impossible, just plain impossible to keep belief in a future breakthrough. I was fond of alternative options, how to minimise losses and come out with at least some kind of dignity - by investing into Williams and to become a front-runner at least as an engine supplier. I think this was the time, when besides the team itself almost no-one else believed in them. But it was the same 2007, when suddenly something clicked at Cologne - they finally made right conclusions of shortcomings and made decisions, how to start moving forward. At that time it wasn't apparent and for an outside observer they seemed lost.

http://www.motorsportforums.com/foru...ghlight=Toyota
    A bit more than a year ago after 2008 Malaysian Grand Prix I brought out reasons for Toyota's rise. Those explanations are in my view appropriate also now. Back then that 4th place in that GP probably couldn't have meant much to a casual observer, but it meant a lot for me. It was like a lightning from a clear sky. It was the first sign of Toyota's commitment to break clear of the midfield and start troubling established top teams. And that sudden 'shine' came from almost nowhere, it was unexpected.

As long as results improve, there is every reason to be satisfied. Today's race marked another improvement for the team. This was Toyota' best ever wet weather performance by a mile. P3 and P4, while in the past they have never managed to get above P6 in rain. Also the strategy at least for Glock was great. It's quite incredible to see so much maturity in the team, who a few years ago reminded more of the... well yes, current Ferrari team if you'd like a comparison...

Finally. I'm not a betting man at all, but I may unveil that before the start of the season I just couldn't resist the very enticing odds on Toyota's WCC title... I took a huge gamble, but based on their winter testing performance, their general improvement and transformation as a team created belief that they are going to perform way above the expectations of most people. At the moment it looks like the title might not be an impossible goal at all.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    I was talking Toyota up already throughout winter testing, shame rarely anyone believed me. Since 2007 Toyota has been making constant progress, they have finally found the right approach and have been making right decisions to really become a serious F1 team. The modest but adamant Japanese team is there to make a breakthrough despite everyone's disbelief. I love nothing more than when firm prejucides get proven wrong - this is how life on this planet keeps improving, when new opportunites are discovered. Rarely anyone believed that Toyota with its own 'way' can ever succeed in Formula One. They are there to believe in themselves and prove others wrong!
    May I hop on your bandwagon then? :

No seriously I have great affection for Toyota - when its bolted in the back of a Williams!
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    May I hop on your bandwagon then? :

No seriously I have great affection for Toyota - when its bolted in the back of a Williams!
    I enjoy the co-operation between Toyota & Williams, which started from 2007, and I feel the legendary Grove team is worth a gratitude here. Toyota has certainly benefitted from the enormous experience of Williams and I think Williams is benefitting too, looking at their pace now. This may be a pure coincidence, but both have that radical diffuser...

Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts
    Where's pino?

He would enjoy all the attention on Jarno.
    Defend mediocrity... because excelence is just too hard to achieve. :p

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    ......for the titles?

Brawn and Williams are independent and as such will probably struggle to match the development pace of the big boys. So when Ferrari et all bolt on their fandango diffusers at some point in the european season you'd expect to see those independents slip into the pack.
    Development of what?

There is an engine freeze currently on, so there's not really going to be any development there, and given that Ross Brawn is in charge, we're likely to see him innovate his way through the rules.

2 from 2 is a pretty foreboding sort of beginning for everyone else.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!