Page 1 of 251 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Smile The Ferrari thread !

I thought I'll start a thread in which Ferrari fans will be able to discuss their opinion about their favorite teams strong points but also shortcomings.

Those who are not Ferrari fans are not welcome to spit their venom around here!

This thread shouldn't be turned into my driver is better than your either, if you want to discuss it do it somewhere else!

It's all about the red team and their good and bad achievements, to be discussed by those who are interested to talk about it in a civilized manner!

Now that all this is clear all the tifosi are welcome to criticize and praise the doings of their favorite team.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Subject at hand today's poor qualifying position of both drivers but especially that of Massa.

Here's what he had to say:
    FM: Well, actually I went straight away on a new set of softs. I didn't do a perfect lap, I did a reasonable lap, but not a perfect lap. I went wide on the first lap in Turn 14 and then I improved on the second timed lap by two tenths. The team thought it was enough to be inside the top 15 and maybe I thought as well, to be honest, because when I got back to the pits I was fourth.

I stayed in the top seven for a while, but then when I started to drop it was impossible to go out again because there was no time to do another lap.

FM: As I said, maybe the past is very fresh in our mind so everybody including myself because I didn't believe that I was going to drop out of the top 15. After the qualifying I thought maybe I could go to 11th or 12th, but not to 16th. I blame everybody. I blame me, I blame the engineers, I blame everybody that was working on the pit looking at the laptimes. It was a team mistake, including myself. But it was a huge wake up call that we need to use everything we have because every session is difficult.
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74241

So he's taking a part of the blame too, even if he didn't have the data about track temperatures and track grip improvement at hand, something the guys on the pit wall had access to but took the wrong decision.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    One of the commentators said that Massa had already taken off his overalls well before the end of Q1. In this day of topsy turvy form, as we saw in Melbourne, with red Bull, Brawn, Toyota, Williams, and every other team except Force India capable of fast times, that was one helluva mistake.

I really think the word "blame" is too harsh here because that sort of attitude doesn't help the team to pull together. I think the word "mistake" is more appropriate, because mistakes can be corrected.

P.S. My favorite team Super Aguri no longer exists, so I hope you will forgive me for entering your domain.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    You're welcome Valve, any of those who have no favorite team and can keep the discussion civilized and on the topic of the thread are welcome.

You are right, and I think that 90% of the die hard F1 fans and commentators saw this coming, only the Ferrari strategist missed out on it until it was to late.

As you say, we already saw it in Melbourne, where the top 15 were separated by around 1 second, that the field is very tight and that with the track conditions improving you can go from 1st to last in a couple of minutes.

Not to mention that with just a bit more than 3 minutes to go the BMW drivers were preparing for their first attempt and shouldn't have been discarded given how the times were tumbling.

Even more disappointing was that the Ferrari drivers were out of their cars and the cars were not ready for a last attempt, just in case.

Ferrari need to change the guy who's in charge of the strategy and get a real good chess player in his place, someone who's able to think eleventy moves in advance and be prepared for all any events that might happen.
    Luca Baldisseri is obviously not up to scratch in F1 strategy and for sure not in chess either.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I have no intention of spoiling your love-fest, but for the avoidance of doubt, if somebody started a McLaren fans only thread would you commit to keeping negative comments out of it?
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The whole story is the diffusers!They must be banned!In such a case not only there is a possibility for result changes,but those teams will have to make changes to their cars...That way Ferrari will be again in the front row...I don't want to think that the opposite will happen!So,my question:What is the propability (percent if possible) that diffusers are banned???(I know that this question is a little irrelevant with what you are talking about now,but that's what makes me more worried as a Ferrari fan!)

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    I have no intention of spoiling your love-fest, but for the avoidance of doubt, if somebody started a McLaren fans only thread would you commit to keeping negative comments out of it?
    I would!
    Having said that, it is a dodgy effort to have exclusive threads!
    I tried to have one that was expressly for the Sensible Seven, and it had more than it's share of interlopers.
    With deepest regrets to Ioan I suggest that this is a useless excercise!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I have no beef against Ferrari, and wish them every success this year.

I am not a particular fan of Ferrari - was when Mansell was in the team.....

I am a fan of Stefano. Very amenable, and not, IMO, the slightest up himself like some previous inhabitants of that job.

As for their shortcomings. Well, Kimi did OK didn't he? That clearly is where the car is at the moment.

Not sure where the blame lies with Massa's incident though. I suspect that all the KERS teams have heat dissipation issues this weekend, and this could be a factor....
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Massa
    says it all:
    "I blame everybody. I blame me, I blame the engineers, I blame everybody that was working on the pit looking at the laptimes. It was a team mistake..."

I know where the solutions are, but those three individuals are no longer in
    charge.......

Sic transit gloria
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    Yes, I do.

This thread' point isn't to be a "love fest", it's all about having a thread where Ferrari fans can interact, where they can express their good or bad feeling about the team they support, without having to put up with all the trash from other forum members.