Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Webber Slams Williams

interesting article...

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...-23770,00.html

and he says all of this AFTER williams reasonably impressive testing times, does this mean people in the paddock think that the williams times are a bit artificial? even more interesting....

discuss

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oh Mark, not again.
    Won't you re-up for the greatest moral cause since Sodom and Gomorrah?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mark Webber did a good job for Williams. He gave it his all, so why shouldn't he be entitled to say what he thinks of his former team, even if it's critical? There's not much that Webber has said anyway that Williams fans aren't saying themselves, in private.

At Williams, Webber's input was wasted. He wasn't taken seriously. It reminded me of Heinz-Harald Frentzen at Jordan. Here was a guy desperate to improve the car, willing to do whatever it might take to move the development forward, but he wasn't even listened to. No one wanted to know. What a waste of talent and attitude, and no wonder Webber got discouraged. He'd been advised against Williams by Flavio Briatore, who until then he had always trusted. It gives me no satisfaction at all to admit that Flavio was right.

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    At Williams, the car was crap. Webber was way quicker than the car. He's spot on when he said the reliability was up but the car speed wasnt and vice versa. They could never get it balanced on the same day.

He's essentially moved to another B team as he calls them, this one though with a theoretically better B engine and more money. Hope it does the trick!

It's a ballsy article, as if Williams do well this year it might come back to bite him on the bum.

This year is likely to tell Webbers future in F1. That's a lot of pressure.
    Ayrton Senna, Legend. R.I.P.

\"If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver. Because we are competing. We are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for a victory. It is not to come third, fourth, fifth or sixth. I race to win\".

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gannex
    Mark Webber did a good job for Williams. He gave it his all, so why shouldn't he be entitled to say what he thinks of his former team, even if it's critical? There's not much that Webber has said anyway that Williams fans aren't saying themselves, in private.

At Williams, Webber's input was wasted. He wasn't taken seriously. It reminded me of Heinz-Harald Frentzen at Jordan. Here was a guy desperate to improve the car, willing to do whatever it might take to move the development forward, but he wasn't even listened to. No one wanted to know. What a waste of talent and attitude, and no wonder Webber got discouraged. He'd been advised against Williams by Flavio Briatore, who until then he had always trusted. It gives me no satisfaction at all to admit that Flavio was right.

....and had Webber made his decision to move quicker, he may well have signed with Renault before the bum shuffle started. Sigh.
    Ayrton Senna, Legend. R.I.P.

\"If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver. Because we are competing. We are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for a victory. It is not to come third, fourth, fifth or sixth. I race to win\".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    But signing for Renault would not have been as good as signing for Red Bull, I like to think. Red Bull have Adrian Newey and David Coulthard. These are two of the most consummate professionals in F1, and one of the best businessmen, after Frank Williams of course, is undoubtedly Dietrich Mateschitz. So Webber is joining a proven team, adding that last touch of inspiration that Red Bull need to push them to the front.

And Williams may well do fine, even without Webber. The drivers, especially Wurtz, are not going to let them down. Williams are at the top of the heap in the engine department, they have a mature seamless gearbox, tyres no worse than anyone else's: where are they deficient? I'm sure this is going to be Williams's year, with Red Bull a worthy runner-up. (Eat your heart out, Mark!!)

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    Haven't Williams's recent troubles been largely due to aero problems? They've been through a few aero guys recently and I seem to recall last years car being hard on the rears because they could never get a good enough balance on the car or a lack of grip was hurting them. Something like that, anyway.

I think it's advantage Red Bull in terms of aerodynamics due to the Newey factor and I think this will be enough to put the Scarlet Cows ahead. Aero is so important that it probably makes up for a deficient engine or less than perfect chassis.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Williams problems last season whas essentially two things

First the aero was crap, just as it was the season before, and it wasn't even that crash hot the year before that. Its been on a steady downward slope and i really cant see why it would suddenly spark up again this season considering this years car obviously shares the same aero philosphy as last years car

The second this is the fact that williams monumentally botched up the installation of the cosworth engines, not that they will ever admit this. Yes they have shiney new engines from toyota this year but the problem last year was NEVER anything to do with the engines themselfs, rather the work that sam micheal and co did in installing them! They placed major electronic and hydronic systems too close to hot spots such as exhaust systems which generally made the car massively unrealiable. The unfortunate thing is that it made what was essentially a very good engine look like a steaming pile of rubbish and it cost cosworth its place in F1. A very big shame.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RJL25
    interesting article...

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...-23770,00.html

and he says all of this AFTER williams reasonably impressive testing times, does this mean people in the paddock think that the williams times are a bit artificial? even more interesting....

discuss
    You know, I might be old school or, maybe too shallow, but I wonder what's to gain when you are putting down your former team? First of all, it's not classy, not a bit, and second F1 is a small world so, would not you be better off in not burning any bridges?
    I have a feeling that he might be jalous of the Williams performance compared to his own and maybe he is wondering if he should have stayed where he was.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mstillhere
    You know, I might be old school or, maybe too shallow, but I wonder what's to gain when you are putting down your former team? First of all, it's not classy, not a bit, and second F1 is a small world so, would not you be better off in not burning any bridges?
    I have a feeling that he might be jalous of the Williams performance compared to his own and maybe he is wondering if he should have stayed where he was.
    although i understand what your saying, everything mark said was in answering questions from the media, he wasn't deliberately bagging williams, rather he was answering questions. And mark has always been renowned, even by his critics, as incredibly honest when answering questions