Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A question for NASCAR fans.

I made a comment in another thread and some took it the wrong way. But it made me think of asking a few questions.

What do you think of Open Wheel Racing?

Do you watch it?

If not, why?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i used to, but found it boring. i do watch the indy 500 every year though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    used to but one person ruined it all, Danica Patrick.

CCWS is a bore, guys are bad drivers, outside of Sebastien
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I used to watch CART races now and then but it was boring. I like stock car racing better.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I watch F1, IRL, and CC. Used to enjoy CART immensely.

However compared to U.S. open wheel racing the competition is much tougher in NASCAR, there is greater driver talent, and the caliber of the teams is higher.

I don't think IRL and CC are necessarily any less exciting (as any given race in either series can be more interesting than a given Cup race) other than as excitment relates to the points above.
    Racing season is soon upon us!:smokin:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I used to be primarily an Indycar guy. In my heart I guess I still am. I liked seeing all the different tracks. When the IRL was formed I switched to CART when CART died and the all road course champ car took over I lost interest. I still tune in for the 500, but everything is a shadow of what it was. For the record I think both sides were and still are equally at fault. In my opinion, if a series is all oval or all road course it gets pretty stale and boring. As for F1, I honestly can't stand watching it. It might have the most advanced technology and best people, but the quality of racing is awful.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OWFan19
    I made a comment in another thread and some took it the wrong way. But it made me think of asking a few questions.
    What do you think of Open Wheel Racing?
    Do you watch it?
    If not, why?
    What do you mean by "Open Wheel Racing"?
    If you mean Formula Cars, I love it when run correctly. I was calling the cars which ran Indy "Formula USAC" before there was a CART. But I also liked F1, CanAm, IMSA and SCCA sports cars.
    If you mean sprint/midget short track stuff, I've watched it some, doesn't really interest me.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I love Formula One. To me it's the pinacle of auto racing. I always watch it on TV, and the USGP was the only race I attended last year. (I've been to all of the USGP's in Indy, and I live on the east coast.)

For American Open Wheel Racing, I used to have a passing interest in CART and the IRL. I used to attend a few of their races. But now that they are a spec car (everyone runs the same car) and use crate engines (an engine provided to everyone by the organization and no teams are allowed to try to improve them) there just isn't anything to interest me in those series anymore. If you don't have either the teams or manufacturers competing to build a better car or better engine, then what's the point?
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I love stock car racing and open wheel racing equally. I don't care if it's F1, NASCAR, CCWS, IRL, go-karts, lawn mowers, horses, or people. I just want to see racing.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    To me F1 is not the pinnacle of racing,not any more,if it was,more of the field would have a chance of winning instead of a select few,same with the cars,to me Nascar has the best racing and sports cars have the best technology.
    Hail to the Redskins Hail Victory
    Art Monk and Darrell Green 2008 Hall of Fame