Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RJL25
    But when a team doesnt even have their final aero package on the car then why on earth would they bother chasing outright performance?
    What if chasing performance is the only way to learn how the gearbox works? If they wait for the final aero package to arrive and then only find out that the gear box is not up to standards, why do they test at all? It would be a complete waste of time just trundling around "testing" when you're not even trying to set fast times.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janneppi
    ioan didn't say reliability should be ignored, just that speed is more important. Using Maclaren as example, in 2005 they got 10 wins with an unreliable car where as last year the best they got was a second place despite having a more reliable car.
    Thanks for the help, always appreciated!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VresiBerba
    What if chasing performance is the only way to learn how the gearbox works? If they wait for the final aero package to arrive and then only find out that the gear box is not up to standards, why do they test at all? It would be a complete waste of time just trundling around "testing" when you're not even trying to set fast times.

Good point.

PS: Nice signature, hope it works!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VresiBerba
    That's my point. The "new aero package" may give you a couple more hundred rpm down the straight, and that could be unbearable for those new gearbox components. You cannot test reliability if you are "caring for the equipment".
    You can't make a person love another person. You can only pray for it.

Stupid rules => stupid consequences :s

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    1 D. Coulthard Red Bull Bridgestone 01:21.855 112
    2 N. Heidfeld BMW Bridgestone 01:21.958 96
    3 F. Massa Ferrari Bridgestone 01:21.964 92
    4 F. Alonso McLaren Bridgestone 01:22.103 114
    5 N. Rosberg Williams Bridgestone 01:22.280 86
    6 L. Hamilton McLaren Bridgestone 01:22.292 125
    7 K. Räikkönen Ferrari Bridgestone 01:22.369 45
    8 F. Montagny Toyota Bridgestone 01:22.446 107
    9 G. Fisichella Renault Bridgestone 01:22.758 90
    10 H. Kovalainen Renault Bridgestone 01:22.783 56
    11 M. Webber Red Bull Bridgestone 01:22.834 61
    12 J. Button Honda Bridgestone 01:23.061 91
    13 R. Barrichello Honda Bridgestone 01:23.257 39
    14 A. Wurz Williams Bridgestone 01:23.275 39
    15 S. Vettel BMW Bridgestone 01:22.569 56
    16 R. Schumacher Toyota Bridgestone 01:23.789 82
    17 C. Albers Spyker F1 Bridgestone 01:23.947 87
    18 T. Sato Super Aguri Bridgestone 01:24.568 123
    19 V. Liuzzi Scuderia Toro Rosso Bridgestone 01:26.269 30

Final results.

RBR's sudden shine is interesting. Especially as before they have been among the last ones.

It's impossible to take lap times seriously one-by-one, but what counts more, is the overall impression. The fact that RBR now suddenly wins one day, doesn't mean automatically that they indeed are good and they have fooled us all previously. Overall impression is still doubtful. If I remember correctly, then even McLaren won a couple of test days a year ago in late February, but the overall impression was that they were struggling. Let's see what can RBR do next time around back at Valencia again in 19th February.

So far the overall impression says that Ferrari, McLaren and Renault remain the title challengers at the teams' side. Honda has probably effectively dropped out of title contention, whatever they'll be in the midfield. BMW's involvement in title hunt is also very highly unlikely. No need to mention others. Massa, Räikkönen, Alonso and maybe Fisichella and Kovalainen are the ones that can't be written off at the drivers' side.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Alonso, Massa, Raikkonen and maybe Kova to win some races ... I'm no so confident on Fisi.

Very disappointing Honda's performance as well as good to see Nick topping the table

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I think that DC was very light. We'll see in Melbourne, but I think that RBR is trying to save the team's image. However, they mightn not be as bad as I feared.
    Formula 1

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    RBR's jump is interesting. I will make a prediction after several more tests.

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    RBR have more than an ace up their sleave.

RJL25 and myself have keenly noted!
    Ayrton Senna, Legend. R.I.P.

\"If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver. Because we are competing. We are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for a victory. It is not to come third, fourth, fifth or sixth. I race to win\".