Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GP2 TV coverage

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Katz
    The Setanta coverage is pretty *ahem* rubbish. At the weekend the commentators complained about the Turkish director for not showing the pass for third place. But he blummin did, they just weren't paying attention!

It does sound like Setanta will fold within a few weeks though, wonder what'll happen to broadcast here then.
    I hope they put on eurosport better off there
    GP2 Pickems Champion 2006, MotoGP Pickems Champion 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It would be nice if it didn't go bust before the coverage can be given to another channel though, I know that the races are tomorrow and Sunday, but I'm not certain Setanta will last that long!

I'm posting here because really the less I can think about F1 at the moment the better.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hang on, did Valerio just win a feature race??? And when someone in the top 8 is handed a penalty for no real reason (there have been a lot of these lately) then Herck will be on pole? Hmm...

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts
    Hang on, did Valerio just win a feature race??? And when someone in the top 8 is handed a penalty for no real reason (there have been a lot of these lately) then Herck will be on pole? Hmm...
    I think the whole GP2 paddock was in shock when it became clear that Valerio had won a feature-race. It seems that Piquet GP can make "poor" drivers into winners (refering to Nunes who won two feature-races in GP2 Asia but now has 0 points with iSport)
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ah, Setanta's gone now. Hmm, well they've got 3 weeks to find another broadcaster. Hope they get one!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Ah, Setanta's gone now. Hmm, well they've got 3 weeks to find another broadcaster. Hope they get one!

Indeed, let's hope it's one that more people can get without having to resort to secret undercover, covert means! *shifty side-to-side eyes*

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Good news!

GP2 will be on British Eurosport for the rest of this season and the following two.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/070720...cures-gp2.html

Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thank flip for that! I wasn't a huge fan of the ITV coverage, but the Setanta coverage was dire. The race that I watched on the internet in Portuguese was better, and I don't speak a word of that!

DPR seem to be sorting themselves out a bit now and are fielding Perera. Trident seem intent on taking their place at the back though, as Rigon's left to defend his Superleague title, and he's replaced by Gonzalez, who wasn't great in GP2 Asia and will presumably be completely out of his depth in the main series.

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    Good news!

GP2 will be on British Eurosport for the rest of this season and the following two.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/070720...cures-gp2.html

Does that mean it will not be on Eurosport in the rest of Europe?
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeD
    Does that mean it will not be on Eurosport in the rest of Europe?
    British Eurosport have picked up the rights because the previous UK broadcasters, Setanta Sports, have gone bankrupt. There's no reason that the broadcasters would change in the other nations - I'm guessing that Setanta held the rights for Ireland too so there may be a change there (does British Eurosport broadcast in the Republic?) but otherwise expect business as usual with whoever holds the broadcast rights at present.
    "Every man knows he is a sissy compared to Johnny Cash."
    - Bono