Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

Next generation WRC drivers

In Sweden we saw the breakthrough of Mads Østberg, 19 years old.

We have two more in Norway; Andreas Mikkelsen, and Anders Grøndal - both yougsters: Look out in Rally Norway !!
    Also Anders Kjær, but he has his debut in a WRC car (Hennings old Whale) coming from a 206 Cup car last year. So he will have a steep learning curve in Rally Norway !

Who are the next Grønholm/Loeb (Løb) from Your Country ??
    Keep It Simple Stupid !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hmm, in Sweden maybe Patrik Flodin (doubt he will ever be a next Grönholm or Loeb). He did a good rally sweden, but he didnt beat Östberg. His first rally in a wrc car, dont know what he can do on gravel with it but hes fast with the N4 on gravel (good fights with Alen I think it was). But at the moment he got lot to learn.
    Cant see anyone else in Sweden that is at Flodins level, so it dont look very bright
    Finland probably got the most of the youngsters, like always
    "if in doubt, flat out"

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Atkinson........I think not. He'll be like Freddy Loix was to Tommi Mäkinen (Mitsu) but to Petter Solberg.

Umm Galli, these new Ford guys, perhaps even Matt Wilson, the Spanish pair, JM-L, Mikkelsen perhaps, Grondol i've not heard of yet, for sure Mads Østberg if his car isn't stolen again, Sordo, Galli (not young though but still a chance) who else is there? Oh yeh Stohl. he'll do well this year and beyond, but if Grönholm retires, who will fight Loeb? Solberg yes but with a not so well car (I will change it when the new one come out) Loeb should retire. He's won enough, 27 or something rather wins in less then how ever long Sainz and Mäkinen were racing! (decade or more) Half the amount of years they were rallying Loeb had won this amount of rallys and caught up to their record!
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

Brynildsen

Quote Originally Posted by M5
    In Sweden we saw the breakthrough of Mads Østberg, 19 years old.

We have two more in Norway; Andreas Mikkelsen, and Anders Grøndal - both yougsters: Look out in Rally Norway !!
    Also Anders Kjær, but he has his debut in a WRC car (Hennings old Whale) coming from a 206 Cup car last year. So he will have a steep learning curve in Rally Norway !

Who are the next Grønholm/Loeb (Løb) from Your Country ??
    We of course also have Eivind Brynildsen now in N4 (with the best looking co-driver in WRC) - He will at some stage also jump to A8 !!.
    Keep It Simple Stupid !

Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Östberg has more cars to chose from
    My bet is Östberg and Mikkelsen
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    From Finland I think that Juho Hänninen and Anton Alen are next big things..

About number two-drivers I think that Hirvonen will be good number two but he should be already in Grönholm's level if he had same potential and skills.

Sordo is questionmark on gravel. On tarmac he is already one of the best.

I believe that Atkinson could achieve the top. He has improved continually and he has great raw speed. He is already near to Hirvonen's level; time will show if he will continue his improving.
    I am a big fan of Andy Aigner

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    This season will be the make or break for Jari-Matti Latvala. If he does well and gets some solid points then if Gronholm were to win the title and retire he could be in line for the 2nd seat. Malcolm Wilson has said himself that JML is one of the options should Marcus call it a day.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I forgot mention one name: Guy Wilks is on high in my list. Meeke also but his future doesn't look bright.
    I am a big fan of Andy Aigner

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think Hirvonen will be faster and faster this year. He has became a reliable driver and he got the speed and could be a future champion.
    "if in doubt, flat out"

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Mikkelsen said he wanted to get WRC podiums before 2011... And I believe him... Not everybody can win his first rally driving a WRC...