Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Kris Meeke

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Superb perfomance. He simply obliterated the opposition on Friday. I think you will see more of Meeke with WRC going S2000. He is stunningly quick, always has been.

If he has had one fault in the past it was never allowed himself to being beaten by anyone. You can be sure of one thing, if Hanninen is quicker, even if it is the Skoda that is quicker, Meeke will not take it laying down.
    ------------------------------------
    But you can call me Buzz
    email: buzz@pixar.com

Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Lightyear
    Superb perfomance. He simply obliterated the opposition on Friday. I think you will see more of Meeke with WRC going S2000. He is stunningly quick, always has been.

If he has had one fault in the past it was never allowed himself to being beaten by anyone. You can be sure of one thing, if Hanninen is quicker, even if it is the Skoda that is quicker, Meeke will not take it laying down.
    His manager was Colin McRae, and i see some of the great one in Meeke.
    Lets hope he dose not push too hard.

Liked 510 Times in 180 Posts
    Yes he's not bad is he.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Well, Guy Wilks thinks he is faster than Meeke and Hanninen!

To be honest, I would be surprised if Meeke was faster than Hanninen on gravel, but yes, it is stupid to say that Hanninen will be much faster when we haven't seen any recent comparison between them on loose surfaces.

Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    What are the plans of Mr Meeke in 2012 ?
    Is he still under Prodrive contract, but will not drive any WRC rallies for them ?
    Are there any plans from Mini to drive a RRC/SP version of the Mini in IRC ?

If he are not in Prodrives plans, why does he not leave, and try to get something else together ?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think maybe if there is 5% chance of getting another free rally in a top car then he will stay put. I dont beleive Kris from what I read has the ability to paying a ten thousand euro tyre bill for an event or even to hire a top spec car so thats why he stay in place now.

Where else is he going to go, maybe Volkswagen but I think his chances there would be poor since they evaluate so many and already have one expensive driver, they may choose to go for a free but relatively unproven fast new comer or they might take on the like of Dani if he brings money.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Kris is a very rare commodity in rally these days; he is both a smooth/fast driver and a trained mechanical engineer. It would be sensible for any team that wants to develop its cars to hire him asap! However, I read he has a contract with Prodrive for 2013. As it appears there are no better offers I think he would probably sit tight this year and try to be part of whatever Prodrive do next year. I hope he will do GB at least this year.

Liked 824 Times in 372 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCS14

Where else is he going to go, maybe Volkswagen but I think his chances there would be poor since they evaluate so many and already have one expensive driver, they may choose to go for a free but relatively unproven fast new comer or they might take on the like of Dani if he brings money.
    Forget that. U really think VW doesn't have the money to pay a second driver. VW can hire anybody with a high salary, it's a factory team and it's VAG who's selling over the whole world, they will never get a cheap thing, they will get the best thing available no matter the cost.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan9
    Kris is a very rare commodity in rally these days; he is both a smooth/fast driver and a trained mechanical engineer. It would be sensible for any team that wants to develop its cars to hire him asap! However, I read he has a contract with Prodrive for 2013. As it appears there are no better offers I think he would probably sit tight this year and try to be part of whatever Prodrive do next year. I hope he will do GB at least this year.
    Definetly a mechanic

I must say I liked this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpqfcNlYMsM

Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tfp
    Definetly a mechanic

I must say I liked this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpqfcNlYMsM

I wish Dave had taken Kris' skills into account when deciding the drivers for this year. If Dave was worried about Kris crashing he should look at these videos of Kris at Ypres in 2009. Very mature performance and smooth driving indeed:

Ypres Rally Day One Report - YouTube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtZEA...ure=plpp_video

He can put on good drives when he wants to.

That is a very creepy video that makes for slightly uncomfortable viewing. I saw something similar in Rally NZ 2002 where a weird old guy started fiddling with the nuts off one of Marcus Gronholm's tyres. Marcus didn't ignore him like Kris does here. He went off his nut and used some very sharp language.