Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

F1 - Some great moments

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/7925005.stm

I thought this had been posted so sorry if it's being duplicated

Great moments BBC

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Cannot play media. Sorry, this media is not available in your territory.
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Unfortunately for the US reader the video is unobtainum, as is apparently the case of all BBC Sport videos.

For a sport that has yet to gather a sufficient audience in the US I find this counterproductive. Perhaps in distribution rights legalese it makes sense, but from the consumer's point of view less availability means less exposure, which leads to less interest and lowered commercial viability.

Formula One Management has a youtube patrol which cherry picks material deemed objectionable to the sanctioning body. Examples; 1998: Michael Schumacher stomping towards David Coultard's pit after a collusion that occurred during a torrential downpour at Spa. No blows were exchanged, just some words. Out of the three videos posted from that race the start (complete with multi-car pileup) and Damon Hill taking the win for Eddie Jordan was not targeted as copyright violation. Also, a portion of the 2000 Speedvision special "United States Grand Prix, A Heritage Reborn", which outlined the history of the sport in the US, was also targeted because someone being interviewed forwarded the notion Bernie Ecclestone made a mistake (gasp) by pricing Long Beach off the schedule. So, the message I get is don't post anything that might color Michael Schumacher or Bernie Ecclestone in a bad light, irregardless of absence of hype or slanted editorializing.

I'll repeat the nod towards copyright legal doctrine, but when this is examined not with a legal magnifying glass but from the full view perspective it doesn't make commercial sense, nevermind the public's right to know position which I happen to favor. If no one is airing historical F1 reviews on television denying the US racing fan access to in on the internet MAKE NO SENSE WHATSOEVER.

Sorry about going a bit o/t there but I had to vent. Hopefully the powers that be will reconsider their position on the matter and do what's best for the sport AND the fan. The new US F1 team might agree that far as spreading the F1 word is concerned the more, the better.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SportscarBruce
    Unfortunately for the US reader the video is unobtainum, as is apparently the case of all BBC Sport videos.

For a sport that has yet to gather a sufficient audience in the US I find this counterproductive. Perhaps in distribution rights legalese it makes sense, but from the consumer's point of view less availability means less exposure, which leads to less interest and lowered commercial viability.

Formula One Management has a youtube patrol which cherry picks material deemed objectionable to the sanctioning body. Examples; 1998: Michael Schumacher stomping towards David Coultard's pit after a collusion that occurred during a torrential downpour at Spa. No blows were exchanged, just some words. Out of the three videos posted from that race the start (complete with multi-car pileup) and Damon Hill taking the win for Eddie Jordan was not targeted as copyright violation. Also, a portion of the 2000 Speedvision special "United States Grand Prix, A Heritage Reborn", which outlined the history of the sport in the US, was also targeted because someone being interviewed forwarded the notion Bernie Ecclestone made a mistake (gasp) by pricing Long Beach off the schedule. So, the message I get is don't post anything that might color Michael Schumacher or Bernie Ecclestone in a bad light, irregardless of absence of hype or slanted editorializing.

I'll repeat the nod towards copyright legal doctrine, but when this is examined not with a legal magnifying glass but from the full view perspective it doesn't make commercial sense, nevermind the public's right to know position which I happen to favor. If no one is airing historical F1 reviews on television denying the US racing fan access to in on the internet MAKE NO SENSE WHATSOEVER.

Sorry about going a bit o/t there but I had to vent. Hopefully the powers that be will reconsider their position on the matter and do what's best for the sport AND the fan. The new US F1 team might agree that far as spreading the F1 word is concerned the more, the better.
    Nice
    May the forza be with you

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SportscarBruce
    On that note, why is it that pre-2000 official F1 season reviews are not available to buy on DVD

IIRC the first official review appeared on video in 1980 or 1981, so there's a good 20yrs of material there for FOM to make money from.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    I miss Murray!
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    On that note, why is it that pre-2000 official F1 season reviews are not available to buy on DVD

IIRC the first official review appeared on video in 1980 or 1981, so there's a good 20yrs of material there for FOM to make money from.
    I didn't know that, I'm quite shocked actually! I have 1981-1997 on tape but was always thinking of getting them on DVD when I was able to afford it, but hadn't looked into it as of yet - now I know not to bother!

<cynicism>
    Maybe they don't want their new audiences becoming aware of how much better it used to be?
    </cynicism>

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by V12
    <cynicism>
    Maybe they don't want their new audiences becoming aware of how much better it used to be?
    </cynicism>
    Chalk it up to the decreasing radius rulebook phenomena that has affected almost every bigtime racing series on the planet.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Did F1 begin in 1979 as far as the BBC is now concerned? Given the amount of full race archive material still at the BBC's disposal, dating back to the 1960s at least (for certain races were covered live even then and footage still exists) I would like to see use being made of it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    "Fast Company" is now uploaded in its entirety.

The year is 1973. The championship battle between Emerson Fittipaldi and Jackie Stewart is the focus of this three part period documentary. Clay Regazzoni crashes and burns in South Africa, Mike Hailwood burns himself while attempting to rescue his trapped F1 comrade. Ronnie Peterson takes his first win. Grand Prix settings; Brazil, South Africa, Monoco, Paul Ricard.

Click "Play All Videos"

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...6CEA7A3648967D

I'll see about posting up a 1966 video celebrating the Cosworth Ford DFV's first victory at Zandvoort, Holland.