Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts

Harry Ratcliffe BTR racing

OK you guys can anyone help me with any imfo:
    What happened to Harry Ratcliffe and Jeff Goodliff of BTR racing from Littleborough,in Lancashire.I can remember watching Harry racing at Rufforth in the late 60s AND i have also met Jeff Goodliff in racing or rallying but can,t remember where I think in the last 10 years.Are either still alive

Harry Ratcliffe

I put a post on here in March this year asking if anyone knew if Harry Ratcliffe of Littleborough was still alive.harry was famous in the 60s and 70s racing under the banner of British Vita Racing.And had Jeff Goodliffe as a partner.WELL I met a guy yesterday at a Tenns Tournament that my son in law was sponsering AND he knew Harry,as he lived in Littleborough ,.HE TELLS ME THAT HARRY HAS NOW GOT Atlziemers and still good in body ,his relatives have off loaded him to a nursing home near Littleborough.Quite sad !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace
    OK you guys can anyone help me with any imfo:
    What happened to Harry Ratcliffe and Jeff Goodliff of BTR racing from Littleborough,in Lancashire.I can remember watching Harry racing at Rufforth in the late 60s AND i have also met Jeff Goodliff in racing or rallying but can,t remember where I think in the last 10 years.Are either still alive

Hi yes I can. Jeff Goodliff is my uncle and he is living in London. As far as I know he is still involved in motorsport and he acts as a consultant and regularly travels to Portugal with the team that he works for. Sadly I did hear yesterday that Harry's alzheimers has really progressed and he is being looked after in hospital in Littleborough-very sad-a great man and a great character-they dont make them like that any more.

Jeff Goodliffe

Quote Originally Posted by jpg42red
    Hi yes I can. Jeff Goodliff is my uncle and he is living in London. As far as I know he is still involved in motorsport and he acts as a consultant and regularly travels to Portugal with the team that he works for. Sadly I did hear yesterday that Harry's alzheimers has really progressed and he is being looked after in hospital in Littleborough-very sad-a great man and a great character-they dont make them like that any more.
    Thanks for that imfo,and Glad to hear Jeff is still active.The last time I spoke with Jeff was at Silverstone or Donnington when I was helping a friend with his car.the guy I was helping was Frank Greenway who Jeff knows well.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Jeff goodliff

Hi,Jeff ran my car for 4 years for me in the 90's, we even went over to new zealand together to do the wellington 500. before I lost touch with him,I live in London so if all is still well with Jeff and you can pass on any contact details it would be great to meet up with him again! So any info you have please email it to me,many thanks Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by jpg42red