Page 465 of 479 FirstFirst ... 365415455463464465466467475 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,650 of 4787
    Liked 3,289 Times in 1,731 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Pech is therefore 2020 champion.
    Congratulations to Pech, but... can we compare this situaltion to Neubauer winning Austrian championship against Baumschlager a few years ago? I mean a driver, who normally cannot win, buys/rents a WRC car to win a championship by having the most powerful car rather than skills and talent?
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

2. Likes: WUff1 (31st October 2020)
    Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    Congratulations to Pech, but... can we compare this situaltion to Neubauer winning Austrian championship against Baumschlager a few years ago? I mean a driver, who normally cannot win, buys/rents a WRC car to win a championship by having the most powerful car rather than skills and talent?
    I think yes... Last year, on similar car, Pech was on level of Cerny or Mares.

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Yes, but that's not Pech's fault but of our ASN and the rulles. Using the rulles to the maximum is the essence of motorsport and always has been.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Yes, but that's not Pech's fault but of our ASN and the rulles. Using the rulles to the maximum is the essence of motorsport and always has been.
    I am not saying you are not correct. I only answered to question from Jarek Z...

6. Likes: pantealex (30th October 2020)
    Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    We have already gone through this story many times...Mirek is 100% right.
    With one big fact, which speaks in favour to Pech: he has beaten probably the fastest driver in Škoda Fabia R5 in EU, the driver who has best possible factory support in EU...and Pech has WRC car, indeed, but factory date more than 10 years old, and driving for a private team.
    So Vaclav & Petr, huge congratulations to win one of the most (if not the most) challenging championship in EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Ucci View Post
    With one big fact, which speaks in favour to Pech: he has beaten probably the fastest driver in Škoda Fabia R5 in EU, the driver who has best possible factory support in EU...and Pech has WRC car, indeed, but factory date more than 10 years old, and driving for a private team.
    You should not forget about others. The championship is not only about Kopecký. Last year Mareš had twice more points than Pech when both had R5 cars. This year he was out of the game from the beginning just because of stupid rules. While I don't blame Pech it certainly wasn't a fair championship for others.

9. Likes: CWJ (29th October 2020)
    Pluto, can you please make it clear how it is with awarding the overall title? It looks like I was too fast with writing and Pech won't be crowned champion because of too few events done in the season.

Pluto, can you please make it clear how it is with awarding the overall title? It looks like I was too fast with writing and Pech won't be crowned champion because of too few events done in the season.
    I cannot make it clear as it is not clear. It was also discussed on Autosport forum, but as you are not going there now, you are not aware. Problem is in bulletin 3 (https://www.autoklub.cz/wp-content/u...3_20_final.pdf), where is written that champion will be in case that 4 events will be "vypsány". I wrote it specially in czech as this word is the biggest problem. Or better, interpretation of this word is biggest problem. If we will translate it to english, it is something like "announced". But it is not clear if it is enough if the event is written in calendar or also must be done...

12. Likes: dimviii (29th October 2020),Mirek (29th October 2020),the sniper (29th October 2020)
    So now it's official that the titles will be awarded. So the overall Czech champion is Václav Pech, the 2WD champion is Jan Dohnal.

Meanwhile Prague Rallysprint was canceled.

So what was long time unofficial is now official. Škoda Motorsport leaves MČR. Kopecký will continue only as a test driver for them. However he plans to start in MČR with his own car and team with certain support from Škoda (Škoda will continue supporting several private teams like this year - this year it was Mareš and Jakeš I think). In fact Kopecký has kept preparing his MČR car himself already for several years despite being an official works driver. Therefore I think that the main difference is that he has to find new partners to pay the bills since Škoda won't pay all anymore.

15. Likes: dimviii (26th November 2020),TWRC (16th December 2020)