Page 456 of 479 FirstFirst ... 356406446454455456457458466 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,560 of 4787
    Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kure91 View Post
    Big surprise from Václav Pech, more in video (only in Czech) - https://youtu.be/rLdI58Ihjmo
    Attachment 1939
    Wow, this is a surprise.
    I just understand some sentences, can you Mirek explain few things:
    - where does car come from?
    - why did they decide to move on old WRC?

Liked 11,149 Times in 4,425 Posts
    The car is from Dohnal, Pech arranged it as a part of a new three year deal with EuroOil (yes, he has secured backing for next three seasons - at least in theory). Dohnal's team will supervise the preparation.

Regarding the reasons - they are not explicitely mentioned but he said he never managed to fully addapt to the R5 and that he likes to drive the old-stylish WRC more.

The question is what will Dohnal drive if anything.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

3. Likes: Jeppe (16th March 2020),TWRC (16th March 2020)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    The car is from Dohnal, Pech arranged it as a part of a new three year deal with EuroOil (yes, he has secured backing for next three seasons - at least in theory). Dohnal's team will supervise the preparation.

Regarding the reasons - they are not explicitely mentioned but he said he never managed to fully addapt to the R5 and that he likes to drive the old-stylish WRC more.

The question is what will Dohnal drive if anything.
    Thanks Mirek! And what a "jewelry" they still have in the garage....Focus WRC 99', Corolla WRC.....

I think that the Focus (I think it's 02) is not a real WRC but only a display car from the times when Pech drove it.

Check this link. This is an enormous collection of cars of Jírovec (owner of Czech BMW dealership and Pech's sponsor until the end of last year). Well, I think every petrolhead shall at least click on the link
    http://www.inveltclassic.com/eng/

6. Likes: Daniel Popov (17th March 2020),dimviii (16th March 2020)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    I think that the Focus (I think it's 02) is not a real WRC but only a display car from the times when Pech drove it.

Check this link. This is an enormous collection of cars of Jírovec (owner of Czech BMW dealership and Pech's sponsor until the end of last year). Well, I think every petrolhead shall at least click on the link
    http://www.inveltclassic.com/eng/
    I've checked this inventory of Mr.Jirovec.....in one word: unimaginable!
    Until now I thought that just some oil moguls from Middle East can afford something like this...but actually this collection is much closer to me....

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ucci View Post
    Until now I thought that just some oil moguls from Middle East can afford something like this...but actually this collection is much closer to me....
    there are plenty of such collections.At Greece i have seen collection much better than this.
    2-3 integrales with works martini colors,torino licence numbers even with stickers from factory last rally entry.
    quattro a2 with HB colors and Ingolstand licence numbers,celica st 165 tte with Koln numbers etc.
    This guy has more than 100 cars,not only rally cars,but very well choosen models.Had 3 person permanent who their job was to restore his cars.

When the championship is not running there is a "replacement" RBR virtual Valašská Rally. Nearly 700 drivers from all over the world registred themselves including Nikolai Gryazin, Mattias Adielsson, Václav Pech, Ondřej Bisaha, Martin Koči, Vojtěch Štajf, Miroslav Jakeš, Petr Semerád, Martin Vlček, Adam Březík, Martin Březík, Jaromír Tomaštík, Gabriel Morales, Kacper Wroblewski, Jan Hloušek etc.

10. Likes: b3637853 (9th April 2020),Co-driven (9th April 2020),dimviii (9th April 2020),MartijnS (9th April 2020)
    Rally Hustopeče is canceled.

A great onboard from Hrdinka from Valašská Rally 2002 with Impreza WRC. It's crazy how much more bumpy and difficult the very same stage looks with these car which had a suspension stiff like a brick and half the travel they have today.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCTX...ture=emb_title

And a special quest for Jeppe. When you visited Valašská rally with Jaro, you were with me on this stage (even run in the same direction). Find the spot

And by the way in the virtual RBR Valašská rally Pavol Spišák was the fastest among the real licensed drivers. You may know him from Barum Star Rally where he drives a blue Lada VFTS together with his brother. If you saw him you sure remember him
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rmZTr0aVSY
    Last edited by Mirek; 21st April 2020 at 17:42.

13. Likes: TWRC (23rd April 2020)
    Liked 68 Times in 47 Posts
    One crazy stage and driver definitely Stage is very bumpy and lots of broken tarmac. But maybe the camera technology makes stage look even more bumpy: lens angle and aspect ratio are different than we are used nowadays with these wide-angle lenses. Angle is a lot narrower and it makes aspect look more ´aggressive´..

Add yes, I did found the spot - it´s around half way in very steep downhill. Nice spot to watch and Ásin makes us indelible impression, we still remember his huge ride with Evo IX.
    Once it pop´s, you can´t stop...

15. Likes: Mirek (24th April 2020)