Page 52 of 135 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: BBC Coverage

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateDanGTR
    doesnt sound like a very funny joke to me.....
    I don't know, if it had been done to Jake or DC or, heaven forbid, Martin Brundle, then of course it would have been a grave error of judgement. But come on, it was Eddie Jordan... at least Ron didn't dump a load of concrete blocks in front of him

anyway on an unrelated note, something that was very clear to me in the BBC coverage of the British Grand Prix is that the BBC make the viewer feel part of the F1 family, I cant quit put a finger on it but watching the BBC coverage makes me feel more involved with F1 and the BBC, and not least Jenson and Lewis. it really is excellent coverage, even with legard.
    Absolutely. It pains me to say it but I think Bernie has to take some credit, making the drivers more available to the media.
    But the BBC are without doubt providing the best F1 coverage ever in the UK, and judging by what's said on this forum, probably the best in the world. When I see what people are saying about the likes of Speed TV, I feel that we're extremely lucky that Legard's commentary and EJ's shirts are the worst we have to complain about.

Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts
    I'm guessing it was staged/scripted/whatever during the redbutton forum, but I don't care, that little kid asking Eddie where he buys his clothes was priceless.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyL
    I don't know, if it had been done to Jake or DC or, heaven forbid, Martin Brundle, then of course it would have been a grave error of judgement. But come on, it was Eddie Jordan... at least Ron didn't dump a load of concrete blocks in front of him

Absolutely. It pains me to say it but I think Bernie has to take some credit, making the drivers more available to the media.
    But the BBC are without doubt providing the best F1 coverage ever in the UK, and judging by what's said on this forum, probably the best in the world. When I see what people are saying about the likes of Speed TV, I feel that we're extremely lucky that Legard's commentary and EJ's shirts are the worst we have to complain about.
    They've certainly opened up F1 more. I think the Forum has given extra time on the post race analysis, the 5live guys jump onto the next availably hospitality suite to record their podcasts.

I think X factor has been EJ. Face it, you're not going to go far down the paddock with Mark Blundell.

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    They've certainly opened up F1 more. I think the Forum has given extra time on the post race analysis, the 5live guys jump onto the next availably hospitality suite to record their podcasts.

I think X factor has been EJ. Face it, you're not going to go far down the paddock with Mark Blundell.
    I agree, EJ is an integral part of the team. he provides alot of the humour and certainly knows everyone who is anyone in F1, which really helps when getting people to talk to.

we've slated how he presents his opinions at times and his shirts, but that does provide some some controvesy, entertainment and a good laugh.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

The best example was last year's quali for Brazillian GP. During the red flag he managed to cajole a number of people for interviews to fill in the time. I wouldn't have bothered if it wasn't for him.

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    I agree, EJ is an integral part of the team. he provides alot of the humour and certainly knows everyone who is anyone in F1, which really helps when getting people to talk to.

we've slated how he presents his opinions at times and his shirts, but that does provide some some controvesy, entertainment and a good laugh.
    My sentiments exactly.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    PML. Good one Ron

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Driver Tracker returns for Hockenheim

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/andrewben...ss_of_its.html
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Karun's certainly an F1 nerd, in the nicest possible way.

Telling how Ted Kravitz would rather pay £50 than give up his umbrella, it shows how much it was raining!
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Been wondering who's the Welshman in the commentary box was!