Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts

Re: BBC Coverage

Some of us can, and every practice!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alca-Tazizzle
    Some of us can, and every practice!
    When was the last time you missed a race??

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I've missed a couple of wee-small-hours practice sessions this year, and watched one qualifying session on delay; other than that I've managed to see every session and race live despite having a small bellowing person to contend with. Mind you, I couldn't hear half of the commentary today as he's discovered that it's apparently fun to scream while playing the xylophone, so swings and roundabouts!
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Will Suzy and the team be back next year? She said they would, but I'm not so sure - but don't let it become exclusive to Sky please!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

In the long run, down the road, the BBC will be forced out of covering sport altogether but with regard to F1 in 2014 I think they will be back. Word would have been out by now if the BBC were to disappear. Whether it is less live and more highlights though remains to be seen, as its all about ratings and there has been little difference this year between those live and not live.
    Real Race Cars Dont Have Doors....

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts

With this many races I'm finding that half live and half highlights is about enough to sustain my interest. It's frustrating sometimes to have to wait (and avoid results, although generally this is easier than you might think if you're careful) but I'm less bothered about the current situation than I thought I would be.

I would hope, though, that even if Sky were to gain exclusive live coverage some time down the road, free-to-air highlights would still be an option for somebody to pick up. As long as those highlights were broadcast reasonably soon after the event (as is the case now) and not a week later...
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    I've missed a couple of wee-small-hours practice sessions this year, and watched one qualifying session on delay; other than that I've managed to see every session and race live despite having a small bellowing person to contend with. Mind you, I couldn't hear half of the commentary today as he's discovered that it's apparently fun to scream while playing the xylophone, so swings and roundabouts!
    I'm a new father too and I'm not as lucky. I must admit though this season has been dire and my enthusiasm for watching every second has reduced a fair bit. Its rare I ever watch it live, but I've always been like that as GP's have a habit of being on in the day when I want to do things lol. I haven't watched a single practice session this season (can't see the point) and have found the most exciting part of the weekend to be qualifying. My only annoyance with the BBC this season was the US GP when they put the highlights on very late at night. I had no choice but to watch a stream that was on in the evening anyway. I suggest anybody here who is paying purely for Sky Go rather than the full package to think again. The streams I have seen appear to be far superior quality and more reliable in terms of signal strength. When I used to use my fathers Sky Go for the odd race it was always a fight to refresh it as the picture would freeze and pixelate badly. Considering how expensive it is, you'd think Sky would have sorted this out by now.

I have to agree with a couple of others though, highlights are not bad and when we have a boring season, even 70 minute highlights are too long!!

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

Congrats Henners I didn't realise it had all happened.

Hope you and your other half are happy and all is going well.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

Cheers mate

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/25458397

Pretty much a case of "as you were" with regard to the BBC for 2014.
    Real Race Cars Dont Have Doors....