Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I found this article from The Belfast Telegraph on the 'net.

"With just over 24 hours to the start of the Mid Antrim 150 Road Races, Guy Martin — one of the star attractions booked for this year’s event — is still uncertain about his chances of racing at the returning Clough event through no fault of his own.
    The Lincolnshire man, currently riding for Hydrex Honda, has a bench full of parts for his Superbike machine, but sadly not enough to make a complete bike, and he’s anything but pleased.
    Also, the Supersport machine that he blew up at the Southern 100 has yet to be sorted and with time running out, it’s more than likely the Irish fans will not get to see Martin until the Ulster Grand Prix on August 12 to 15.
    Guy said: “Unfortunately, I haven’t got anything sorted as yet. The Superbike that I and my dad built is in bits waiting on cams.
    “We had the special cams removed by the team for Karl Harris’ bike for the last BSB round; now the workshop is closed for 10 days and everyone is on holiday.
    “The last thing I want to do is just go racing simply to make up the numbers.”

Suzukimad.........in exchange for this information you need to agree not to post 1 second footage of Ryan Farquhar's butt as he disappears into the distance. If you're intent on referring only to Ryan Farquhar on your race posts then why not start a thread specific to him if you don't want to use the Irish Road Racing thread.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

FIRST FOUR BY FOUR OF FOUR FROM FOUR FOR FARQUHAR (spoiler)

He won 4again thats 4th time http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5mxOyUYaek

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Can you give us something a little more comprehensive than one line with a link to a one minute youtube clip all the time? I'd love to hear a run down on the races from someone who was there. Who did well and poorly, any surprises and good/bad luck stories.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ryan Farquhar continued his superb season with four wins at Saturday's Mid Antrim 150 road races.

The Dungannon rider won the opening Superbike race before victories in the Supersport and Supertwin events.

Farquhar, who has 114 national road race wins, completed his haul by winning the Grand Final ahead of Michael Dunlop and Adrian Archibald.

Michael Dunlop overcame a spill in the 600s to win the 125 race while William Dunlop was the 250 victor.

Michael Dunlop and Archibald completed the podium in the first Superbike race while William Dunlop and Archibald were behind the Kawasaki rider in the Supersport class.

Nigel Moore was second in the 125s with William Dunlop and Samuel Dunlop forced to retire during the race.

William took his 250 success ahead of Barry Davidson and Michael Dunlop.

I go to all the races and have hours of footage i hope you can take all this in ninga you who has never been to a (real road) race, if you dont like it read pages elsewhere http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djjWP5XjRCo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That's much better 'mad. I'm interested in the Irish road racing and want to read more than a half a dozen word post about the same rider every time that's all. Just a bit of effort is all I ask.
    And that's a nasty assumption to make about me. I've been to lots of racing but no road racing, only circuit racing as we don't get much road racing in this country. The main road race is in Western Australia and the only time I've been there took us 30 odd hours of driving so it's not a small thing to do.
    Oh, and I'm a Ninja, not a ninga.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Any series with a round titled 'Cock of the North' has to be good!
    It's an amazing championship. Watching it makes me think of the roads we go for a scratch on only at warp factor 9. It would be cool to be able to see a race run around Marysville area in Victoria using the Reefton and Black spurs. Never happen but I can dream!
    Get off my lawn

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    MID ANTRIM 150 1 August 2009
    Superbike Classification
    1 Open 77 Ryan FARQUHAR Kawasaki - KMR Kawasaki
    2 Open 3 Michael DUNLOP Yamaha - Streetsweep
    3 Open 13 Adrian ARCHIBALD Suzuki - AMA Racing
    4 Open 16 John BURROWS Suzuki - Burrows Engineering
    5 Open 30 Wayne KENNEDY Yamaha 600 - GB Racing / Doons Stores
    6 Open 23 Andrew BRADY Yamaha - T & M Racing
    7 Open 26 Dennis BOOTH Yamaha 600
    8 Open 22 Stephen McILVENNA Yamaha 600 –
    9 Open 81 Seamus ELLIOTT Yamaha 600
    10 Open 80 Phill ARCHER Triumph
    11 Open 21 Alan CONNOR Suzuki - Connor Racing
    12 Open 51 Darwyn YOUNG Suzuki 750 - Home Clean

Supersport Race Classification
    1 SSPR 77 Ryan FARQUHAR Kawasaki - KMR Kawasaki
    2 SSPR 6 William DUNLOP Yamaha - CD Racing
    3 SSPR 13 Adrian ARCHIBALD Suzuki - AMA Racing
    4 SSPR 64 Stephen McKNIGHT Yamaha
    5 SSPR 22 Stephen McILVENNA Yamaha - McIlvenna Racing
    6 SSPR 26 Dennis BOOTH Yamaha
    7 SSPR 81 Seamus ELLIOTT Yamaha
    8 SSPR 76 Timmy TURTLE Honda - Auto Tech

650 Twins
    1 Stwins 77 Ryan FARQUHAR Kawasaki 650
    2 Stwins 16 John BURROWS Suzuki 650
    3 Stwins 38 Darren GILPIN Suzuki 650 - Irish Racer
    4 Stwins 1 Barry DAVIDSON Suzuki 650
    5 Stwins 91 Des BUTLER Suzuki 650
    6 Stwins 22 Lee HILL Suzuki 650 - NH trade frames
    7 Stwins 169 Philip MULLAN Suzuki 650 - PM & Sons
    8 Stwins 69 Ronnie SCOTT Suzuki 650
    9 Stwins 117 Dave WALSH Suzuki 650 - Selective Developments
    10 Stwins 43 Neil VICARS Suzuki 650
    11 Stwins 62 Craig SHIRLAW Kawasaki 650 - Shirlaw Racing
    12 Stwins 76 Maria COSTELLO Suzuki 650
    13 Stwins 20 Martin LYONS Suzuki 650 - Lyons
    14 Stwins 17 Dave HEDISON Kawasaki 650
    15 Stwins 47 David BLACK Suzuki 650
    16 Stwins 151 Phillip DRENNAN Suzuki 650
    17 Stwins 61 Roy McLARNON Suzuki 650

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Suzukimad.....You are obviously an ardent racing fan as is the case with most of the members on this particular forum who contribute to making it the best all-round international motorcycle racing forum I have found.

The sharing of info for the benefit of members in general is what it's all about and improving the content of our posts hopefully encourages others to do likewise.

In the case of series' such as the Irish Road Racing Series which obviously warrants promotion, the more interest it generates, the more likely it is that coverage will improve which was my reason for starting the Irish Road Racing thread early this year.

Those of us in the land of Oz who try to follow this series despite the lack of info posted on the web and only the occasional replay of a race or two throughout the year are obviously starved for info so don't take a request for more info as an insult to your efforts.

If you can post the type of info above then that would be great and I'll even promise not to tell a joke involving the Irish for a month.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Suzukimad, first off we certainly appreciate and I daresay enjoy your enthusiasm, keep it coming.

But when you write the results in a title and then put 'spoiler' at the end, aren't you sort of giving it away there?

As Ninja and Rod said, we're certainly interested in the Irish racing, we just don't get much coverage of it over here.
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Ryan who?

Oh, sorry. Didn't realize who he was, we don't produce "real" racers over here you see, only world champions.

Thanks for putting us straight, I for one will pay closer attention.