Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Basset
    Vickers move was legal, he was the lucky dog at that moment. Jnr could've backed off but his temper got the better of him... again
    I'll agree. While it did seem odd that Vickers would try so hard to block with 200 miles to go, I can understand him wanting to defend his Lucky Dog postion. Hopefully having two lapped cars crash in front of the field at a plate track will make NASCAR rethink the rule.

I'd also like to remind everyone that NASCAR's policy is if a car is forced below the line, it should yield to the car forcing it. So Vickers had the right of way.

I'd also like to remind everyone that this is different from NASCAR's previous policy was to punish the blocking car in such a situation. Interesting that no one's pointed out that lack of consistency.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What annoyed me more was Darrell Waltrip being a total suck up and saying how honest and tell-it-like-it-is Dale Jr was. Stupidity doesn't even begin to describe that comment. How is "it's not my fault" telling it like it is?

Call me a baby, whatever you want, but today just reminded me why I stopped watching NASCAR. It's been 9 years, but it's finally time to just give it a rest. No use getting all worked up over something that's no more than a game.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Try watching the kiddie cars then. Not everyone can understand Nascar.
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    I'll agree. While it did seem odd that Vickers would try so hard to block with 200 miles to go, I can understand him wanting to defend his Lucky Dog postion. Hopefully having two lapped cars crash in front of the field at a plate track will make NASCAR rethink the rule.

The rain that was coming i would imagine.. Vickers needed to stay in front and blocked Jnr the legal way...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muggle not
    Try watching the kiddie cars then. Not everyone can understand Nascar.
    This is a crass statement coming from someone with a racing history. Take off your Jnr blinkers and you will see that Jnr was an idiot today wrecking the field with stupidity. He should of been black flagged. It happened in the Nationwide? race and so it should of happened to him too...
    Your not DW in disguise are ya??

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I hate it when a driver does something really stupid & gets away with it ...

Quote Originally Posted by jslone
    Bottom line as much as I like JR,he did make a bonehead move,and he admitted it was a bonehead move.
    Dale Jr has wanted to appear non-aggressive & projected the "good guy" clean driver image but ...
    the move today that wrecked Vickers & numerous others was over-aggressive ...
    I felt bad for Kyle Busch, he had the fastest car & probably would have won but ...
    Dale Jr did something stupid & ruined the race for Brian Vickers, Kyle Busch & several other drivers ...
    what is really sad is that nascar doesn't have the balls to properly penalize Dale Jr.
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Jr. should have let Vickers clear. There isn't any doubt about that. As mentioned, it isn't the first time he has wrecked someone by hooking the back bumper. (Of course, he's been on the receiving end a few times too, Vickers at Talledega in '07 & Edwards at Atlanta in '04 spring to mind)

The thing that I didn't like is the big block down past the stripe by Vickers. It was ugly. If they were racing on a short track, what Vickers got would have been exactly what he deserved. Of course it would have been a harmless spin onto the apron, and he would be back racing in half a lap, rather then sliding up and wrecking 10 cars at nearly 200 mph.
    N.Hayden L.Hamilton D.Earnhardt R.Gordon S.Speed T.Stewart J.P.Montoya G.Rahal Ferrari Lotus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RaceFanStan
    Dale Jr has wanted to appear non-aggressive & projected the "good guy" clean driver image but ...
    the move today that wrecked Vickers & numerous others was over-aggressive ...
    I felt bad for Kyle Busch, he had the fastest car & probably would have won but ...
    Dale Jr did something stupid & ruined the race for Brian Vickers, Kyle Busch & several other drivers ...
    what is really sad is that nascar doesn't have the balls to properly penalize Dale Jr.
    thats why I'm no longer a fan of his, he wont admit mistakes or wrongdoing, i'm surprised Earnhardt nation isn't ripping Eury again for jooyner going past the pits than pitting outside the box. then reading somethings how dumb some of his fans (yahoo) are saying it was 100% vickers fault.

what Jr did was completely wrong, and Nascar should've just parked him, of course being moron Jooyner fans at the track an official I'm sure didn't feel like getting attacked by the fans.
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Actually in hindsight it was quite a clever move. In one go he both got the Lucky Dog and took out several of his rivals...

On a serious note, I don't buy Joonyers excuse about wanting to avoid the grass. He was nowhere near it when he turned in, and it's not like he couldn't see where Vickers was. All he had to do was lift the throttle a hairds breadth. Over here we call that 'causing an avoidable accident' and it usually incures at least a fine and sometimes a race ban as well.

The thing is, as much as I would love to blame it on the "Jr can do no wrong" effect, Na$car have a real blind spot for this sort of thing. Anyone remember when someone (Stremme?) put Montoya in the wall in a similar fashion last year? IIRC all that happened was he got parked. It's obviously going to take another driver to get badly hurt before driving standards start getting looked at properly.

I do wonder though if thet spotter should be taking some blame for Jr's poor day - apart from anything else there were 42 other drivers out there who had no difficulty finding their pitbox...
    "Inside every fat person is a thin person dying for some chocolate."

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    All the pit mistakes made by Dale were his fault. No question. I have been saying for years now, he is way overrated. He is an average driver living off of his father's name.

He will never be as good as Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Carl Edwards, Tony Stewart, Kyle Busch, etc.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion