Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts

Internet is the great neglected area of F1

I would revolutionise the way we do the Internet.The Internet is the great neglected area of F1...The technology exists. It is just annoying because the potential is vast.
    This is what Max has to say recently and I totally agree with him. F1 is behind the times when it comes to internet coverage of the sport, but Bernie says his hands are tied because of the contacts FOM has with broadcasters.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73223

What do you think?
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Bernie is quite right, he sells the rights to the TV companies and then its up to them what they do with those rights and he cannot then do additional coverage in those areas. Also, until the Internet can generate revenue then there is no incentive for TV companies to "go mad" on providing (at their cost) additional coverage.
    So, for the time being, Max will have to go on dreaming until Bernie finds a way of getting the net to make money for FOM, and belive me as soon as he does then it WILL make a lot of money for FOM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Exclamation don't post that video . . . or you die.

I lost my YouTube privileges when I posted F1 footage.

That was a while ago when my man Juan was on board an F1 car.

Fortunately we do get at least this Official F1 site.

http://www.formula1.com/services/play_video.html

f1 needs to be more viewer friendly, it can only help the sport.

Also, how about some HD coverage . . . .
    but that's another story and another thread.
    mokin:
    Without sharing there can be no justice,
    Without justice there can be no peace,
    Without peace there can be no future.
    please click here once a day: http://www.thehungersite.com

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    This is what Max has to say recently and I totally agree with him. F1 is behind the times when it comes to internet coverage of the sport, but Bernie says his hands are tied because of the contacts FOM has with broadcasters.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73223

What do you think?
    I'd ask Bernie who signed the contracts with the TV companies and what was in his mind ATM (other than $£&#8364 !
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Bernie/FIA should embrace You-Tube, and have a channel on there for F1 highlights. I know the NHL, WRC, for example, have channels on there. It should be done, but, as ever, money talks..........

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Reading the thread title, I thought you meant forum posters and internet users' opinions are being neglected by the F1 elites. Funny in hindsight.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Bernie/FIA should embrace You-Tube, and have a channel on there for F1 highlights. I know the NHL, WRC, for example, have channels on there. It should be done, but, as ever, money talks..........
    Double edged sword - who's going to buy £20 season review DVDs if its up on the net?

WRC, IRL - they could do with the exposure that they can get. English Premier League, F1, NASCAR - they over exposed themselves to the point they hassle youtube to protect themselves.

Personally I think its down to the TV companies to come up with good presentation but I've been on the otherside of the world, tried to decifer F1 races in foreign commentary and relying on the net.

I'm as guilty as the next guy for watching motorsport via the internet but the problem with the internet is that users expect something for nothing.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    Double edged sword - who's going to buy £20 season review DVDs if its up on the net?

WRC, IRL - they could do with the exposure that they can get. English Premier League, F1, NASCAR - they over exposed themselves to the point they hassle youtube to protect themselves.

Personally I think its down to the TV companies to come up with good presentation but I've been on the otherside of the world, tried to decifer F1 races in foreign commentary and relying on the net.

I'm as guilty as the next guy for watching motorsport via the internet but the problem with the internet is that users expect something for nothing.
    This siotruation is quire simple for F1 to remedy

1. Use the F1.com site as the portal for race streams
    2. make people pay a fee to watch it...say $1.99 per race
    3. share the generated revenue with the world feed broadcaster they use for that week

OR BETTER YET,

Get a major sponsor to sign up and offer the live feed in HD online, with multiple camera angles and stuff.

1. the NFL does that with the Monday night and Sunday night football game. With Sprint as the sponsor all year long. Very nice.

2. TNT does that with either the first or the second game of their Thursday NBA coverage and it works very well. Unlike the NFL , they don't offer the televised feed, but 4 different alternative feeds with the broadcast audio. works fine

3.NBC set up and Olympic channel and did the same thing with most events (even though some were delayed and others were simply kept for prime time TV...but that's a different beast)

4. I know MLB will be doing a similar thing with coverage this year.

The powers to be know that the masses still watch the televised feed, and the numbers still justify the fees and licensing, They also know that monetizing the internet is not an exact science but via sponsorship is a decent cash source.

Pretty much all major TV channels offer their programming online now with sponsors. and sites like hulu which were developed in partnership with several of the big stations, are completely revolutionizing the way programs are watched.

F1 can do the same and gain a larger audience in doing so.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    30 min F1 highlight shows on the iTunes store, i'd pay 2 quid a race, have every race back to the 50s, buy seasons in full etc...

A man can dream
    ---/\==

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It seems that TV is the most effective promotion media to introduce place where to obtain the proper knowledge and everything about F1 is internet. Not all people who like watching F1 are pretty good familiar with internet. They may look for more information about F1 by watching sportainment or reading paper.

Despite of a lot of advertising found during the race, TV would remain the more favorite place for its practicability, although internet doesn't offer too high price for streaming.

There may need more creativity to attract more viewership so that people are tempted to learn F1 zestfully in internet. The general condition may be useful to adopt the system from that we found people is fine watching the sport from TV, but they will get connected to internet as soon as whenever they feel they need someone for friendship and flirt...