Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

DHL close to Spyker title sponsorship for 2007 - Heineken also linked

DHL obviously no F1 stranger and seemingly looking for a way back in?

Although any deal with Heineken is expected to be a secondary sponsorship, I think Heineken as a brand addition to F1 would be great - a great global brand

Plus, dont DHL run a young driver scheme, the DHL Speed Academy or something? Is that still operating in the lower formulae??

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlin...08101343.shtml

Spyker in talks with title sponsor?
    DHL and Heineken linked to Spyker F1
    08/02/07 10:13

The Dutch-owned F1 team Spyker could be on the verge of signing a title sponsor.

According to reports from the scene of the new F8-VII's maiden test at Silverstone this week, the German cargo company 'DHL' is apparently close to penning a deal for 2007.

Via the Bonn-based brand and also parent company Deutsche Post World Net, DHL was previously involved in F1 with the team's former guise, Jordan.

According to a member of the Dutch media, DHL already has an air and sea freight contract with Spyker for the export of its road cars.

There was no DHL signage on Spyker's 2007 car when it was launched at Silverstone, however.

It is also rumoured that Dutch beer brewer Heineken may also become involved with Spyker this year, but almost certainly not as title sponsor.

E.A.
    Source GMM
    2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    DHL made a commercial in silverstone with 2 Spykerf1's in it.
    and now they are linked to be potential sponsors.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gjalie
    DHL made a commercial in silverstone with 2 Spykerf1's in it.
    and now they are linked to be potential sponsors.
    I never knew that gjalie about the commercial - do you have a link to any pictures / video clips or news pieces about this DHL/SpykerF1 commercial please?

Thanks in advance

Giuseppe F1
    2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
    If this news is accurate, it's good news for F1. The smaller teams need all the help they can get against the might of the front-runners. I like Spyker's style - direct, aggressive, slightly unconventional. Good luck to them.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Giuseppe F1
    I never knew that gjalie about the commercial - do you have a link to any pictures / video clips or news pieces about this DHL/SpykerF1 commercial please?

Thanks in advance

Giuseppe F1
    it's dutch
    http://www.autoweek.nl/formule1disp....=5390&cache=no

couldn't find pictures

hope DHL and also Heineken will sponsor them this year.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gjalie
    it's dutch

couldn't find pictures

hope DHL and also Heineken will sponsor them this year.
    Thanks so much gjalie - what is the bit in the 2nd paragraph (in bold below)where it mentions dummy Formula Volkswagen cars???

Are you / any Dutch speakers here able to translate please - im really curious!

A generic jist translation of the article would be hugely appreciated

Big thanks in advance - Giuseppe F1

Story posted below:

DHL sponsort Spyker
    bron: Formule 1 RaceReport

Koeriersbedrijf DHL wordt een van de sponsoren van Spyker F1. Zoveel is wel duidelijk nadat vandaag in Silverstone een reclamespot voor DHL werd opgenomen waarin het Nederlandse Formule 1-team een hoofdrol vervult.
    Op dinsdagochtend werd bij de hoofdingang van Silverstone al druk gebouwd aan een filmset, waarin twee Spykers werden geflankeerd door een bataljon aan DHL-vrachtwagens.

Een dag later schoof de filmploeg een paar honderd meter op, naar de paddock van het Britse circuit. Doel: het maken van een reclamespot waarin Spyker de hoofdrol speelt. De hagelnieuwe F8-VII, die maandag werd onthuld, kreeg gezelschap van een drietal dummy-racewagens: Formule Volkswagens met een Formule 1-achtig bodywork. Gedurende de hele dag werden opnamen gemaakt. Overigens is de naam van DHL vreemd genoeg nog niet op de auto te zien.

Of DHL hoofdsponsor wordt van Spyker is onduidelijk. Michiel Mol, grootaandeelhouder van Spyker, vertelde op maandag aan FORMULE 1 RaceReport dat zijn team met twee bedrijven in onderhandeling is. Bierbrouwer Heineken, die eerder genoemd werd als mogelijke hoofdsponsor, is volgens Mol niet in beeld voor die positie. ,,Maar we gaan waarschijnlijk wel iets doen met Heineken.”

Vandaag was Mol niet bereikbaar voor commentaar, maar op basis van zijn opmerking een dag eerder is het niet waarschijnlijk dat DHL hoofdsponsor wordt. ,,Ik reken er niet op dat we voor Melbourne een hoofdsponsor hebben”, verklaarde de ondernemer vlak na de presentatie van de nieuwe Spyker.

2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    this might helps:

Koeriersbedrijf DHL become of sponsor of Spyker F1. So much is, however, clear after today in Silverstone a publicity pot for DHL was incorporated in which it Dutch formula plays 1-team a head role.

On Tuesday morning at the head entrance of Silverstone it was already very built to filmset, in which two Spykers were flanked by a battalion to Dhl-vrachtwage

A day later sheaf the film plough a couple hundred meters, to the paddock of the British circuit. Aim: making a publicity pot in which Spyker play the head role. The hail-new F8-VII, which was revealed Monday, got gezelschap of a triad

If DHL hoofdsponsor become of Spyker are unclear. Michiel mole, shareholder of Spyker, told on Monday to FORMULA 1 RaceReport that its team with two companies in negotiation is. Bierbrouwer Heineken, who was called earlier as

Today mole was not contactable for comment, but on the basis of its observation a day earlier it is not probable that DHL hoofdsponsor become. , I do not count that we have hoofdsponsor for Melbourne, explained

p.s. i don't speak dutch, but i found a translation on the net
    GP2 Pickems Champion 2006, MotoGP Pickems Champion 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thanks johnny - i found a few translations too yet none with that comment about the FORMULA VOLKSWAGEN cars - im real interested to hear what that is all about??
    2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    http://www.autosport.nl/actueel/news...38&rubriek=int

it say's that this german one seater racer won't be powered by Ford but possibly by Volkswagen.

on the motorshow in essen there were Ford stickers on the dallara but they were suddenly removed a day later, aking volkswagen boss Kris Nissen he said they were still negotiating with raceclass for the talents.

it's the only thing i could find but maybe it's a start for Volkswagen in formule classe

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If Heineken sponsors Spyker, i will stop calling them crap and start cheering them for all its worth! I love my Heineken!!!
    Sir! While I disagree with what you are saying, I will fight to the death your right to spell the words incorerctly and use heinous.. grammar yo !!!