Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 35 Times in 19 Posts
    Hi guys!!!
    What should I do in order to take part to this game?
    Thanks!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/GRallynews

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lugnut_usa
    ...as a Monster addict, once I saw it I couldn't say no.
    I've never had a Monster drink, but their logo do make a great livery, both on the Ken Block Subaru (old and new) and on the protruck that entered the Dakar this year!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tolis11
    Hi guys!!!
    What should I do in order to take part to this game?
    Thanks!!!
    1) Choose one of the WRC cars from CMR2 (no group B, etc)
    2) Drive Italy in single rally mode, first at expert level, then at intermediate level

3)Note all individual stage times and overall day times and submit them to jso1985

It's that easy
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll try to do this rally cold today..

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    I drove the Xsara for the first time today in the shakedown. The best time I managed was a 2:55.15. The car took a lot of setting up and felt quite nervous on the tarmac. I just hope that the car is more comfortable on gravel or mud stages. Still, after the shakedown, I felt I had a fairly good setup with which to attack the stages. Though I always wanted to remain somewhat conservative and avoid losing any chance of a good finish due to silly mistakes.

Day 1

The first loop was fine, conservative as I had planned. A lapse in concentration on stage 3, however, meant I ran wide around the outside of a barrier near the beginning of the stage. I had to reverse back out onto the road and lost at least 10 seconds. A minor off on the next stage didn't help either, though I still set a faster time on it than I did in shakedown, resulting in a PB. Another PB on SS5 boosted my confidence and SS6 was average. I almost got stuck behind another barrier on SS7 but 'avoiding action' minimalised the time lost. The rest of the stages were all personal best times. I finished the day quite satisfied and just have to hope that the 10 seconds or so lost on SS3 didn't affect my position too much.

Day 2

It didn't start off too well. I was a second off the pace of my day 1 time on SS1, which isn't much to complain about. But a roll on SS2 cost me at least 5 seconds and set of a messy rhythm for the next loop of stages. SS3 went well though I took a fair amount of risks and, despite spending an instance sliding across a ditch, SS4 was a new PB. As was SS5, by a good margin! The final 3 tests were good too, amongst them another best time on SS7.

So, in conclusion, I must take this first round of the season as a learning experience in the wild Xsara. I feel I now have a good tarmac setup for the next tarmac round, albeit a long time away. The confidence is quickly coming through. As for results, my shakedown times don't fair too well against those posted. Admittadly, my speed is not going to be enough to score points. My consistency, may just though. We shall see. If I'm somewhat on the pace of the midfield pack, I'll be happy. I've been too long a member of the backmarkers! :
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    First rally of the year 2009 and my first rally after my sabbatical year. What about starting that with one of my favourite surface, tarmac. After tweaking my setup, I start the rally.

Day 1: The day begins like my recon of the stage. But stage 9 and 10 arrived. Like usual problems. These stages are very twisty and that were I have my mistake.

Day 2: For that day, I decide to push a little bit. That was a good decision, for some stage, I do my best time.

Good rally, See you next rally.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm sorry peoples but my CMR2 will not load at all. It may take some time to fix, so Iwill not be contesting till it's sorted properly.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: Monte stage by stage times

I wanted to apologize to everyone regarding the delay in posting stage by stage times for the Monte.

Hopefully I will begin this afternoon..
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tannat
    I wanted to apologize to everyone regarding the delay in posting stage by stage times for the Monte.

Hopefully I will begin this afternoon..
    No worries, but I am looking forward to them
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is it possible to get an extension of the deadline till 23h59 GMT tonight? If so, I van get the rally done in time.