Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Watching BTCC in the US

I live in the USA, as you could probably tell, and I have no way of watching the BTCC on TV, which is unfortunate because it could be the best racing I've seen in a few years. If anyone knows of any way I could watch the races (doesn't have to be live, but preferrably farely soon after the race) I would really appreciate it. I'm open to even the sketchiest of options, I'll check anything out at this point, but if you're not sure about it being legal or whatever, you can PM me. Thanks in advance!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Highlights appear on the ITV Sport website afew days after the races.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If you're willing to wait until the end of the year then Duke produces the BTCC DVDs in region 0 format meaning they can be played on US DVD players as well as European ones (I believe they started it in region 0 back in 2002 so you can pick up some old seasons and watch them through).
    If you can't wait that long (and I wouldn't blame you) then the best bet would be to try the ITV Sport website like BTCC2 suggests.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Look back here nearer the beginining of the season and I may be able to link you to a live stream fingers crossed.
    Drivers’01,’02,’03,’04,’07,’08
    Manufacturers’01,’02,’03,’04,’05,’07,’08 Teams’01,’02,’03,’04,’08.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks to all who replied, looks like I have a few options, so that's good.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I thought they used to show delayed coverage on the SPEED channel over there, do they still do that?
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nope. That ended a few years ago, sadly. They decided that the general public would rather watch some tramp with no broadcasting training what-so-ever interview gangsters who drive low riders, as well as watching NASCAR drivers play golf. Because why would a racing channel ever show actual racing?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    if you can find a UK proxy server you can watch the races from the ITV website
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    I have the same problem here in South Africa, El. They stopped showing the races in 2001 and only show limited highlights months after the races in 2007. I gave up trying to follow them live except for news reports on the web, but I make a thing of buying the review DVD at the end of each year - its really worth it now that its 7 hours long! All the races are almost in full.

BTW my BTCC review collection goes straight from 1999... =D Still the best racing ever!
    CMR4L titles: 2, RBR MF Cup titles: 2
    :champion:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If all the remaining UK circuits go the same way as croft, it won't be long before they're running the BTCC in the good ol' US of A
    Thompp - Checkout my UK motorsport images http://www.peterthompsonphotography.co.uk/