Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    the FIM regulations do not cover 3 cylinder supersport bikes. The 675 partly homologated to race in open supersport but not world Supersport for 2007. In BSS 3 cylinder bikes are excepted from FIM homologation
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the FIM regulations do not cover 3 cylinder supersport bikes.
    Thanks Chris - of course, no-one was building 3-cyl SS bikes before Triumph did!

Hinkley should be out there lobbying FIM to allow the 675 to compete... Ducati can give him some tips on how to go about it ; )
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Colin Edwards to Ten Kate WSBK?

Rumour has The Texas Tornado meeting with a Honda exec on the weekend of Silverstone and hanging in the Ten Kate hospitality area.

Colin still has a lot to offer, but not in MotoGP. He has only lasted because Rossi 'likes him' and he poses no threat.

Yamaha MotoGP must move toward the future and Colin is not the answer.

However I rate Colin's chances high of winning races immediately in WSBK!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What happened to Alstare's move???

Meanwhile, Honda Gresini's Toni Elias is expected to sign for a new Suzuki satellite team that will be formed for 2008 by Jorge Martinez 'Aspar', Spain's former 80 and 125cc world champion and now a team owner in the 125 and 250cc classes, with Suzuki's former 500cc world champion Kevin Schwantz working as a team advisor. It will be a one-rider team running on Bridgestone tyres like the factory Suzukis, and the launch could be as soon as next weekend at the Catalunya round in Barcelona.

http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~6...9020~pid~1.htm

I heard AMA superbike rider Ben Spies might be on a second bike.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It could mean either the manufacturers have come to an agreement over the 1200cc WSB regulations and Alstare/Suzuki will stay there, or there'll be 3 Suzuki teams in GPs.....

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It seems so strange that the rumors of riders changing teams/manufacturers etc has started so early in the season. Usually, we must wait until around September to get such juicy information. Maybe they read our forum and they know we need some gossip/rumors to get us posting more
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxu05
    It seems so strange that the rumors of riders changing teams/manufacturers etc has started so early in the season. Usually, we must wait until around September to get such juicy information. Maybe they read our forum and they know we need some gossip/rumors to get us posting more

Could also be that is you do not start now you might end up with the likes of OJ and de Puniet in your team. (Or Lanzi and Rolfo for WSBK people)

Quote Originally Posted by Mach24
    Colin Edwards to Ten Kate WSBK?

However I rate Colin's chances high of winning races immediately in WSBK!
    Sorry, don't agree. Even given his past history in SBKs I just cannot see Colin Edwards being able to mix it up with Haga, Bayliss, Toseland (if he is still in SBK next year) and Biaggi etc at the level they are racing. He's a "text book" rider and bails when the going gets tough.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chac47
    Sorry, don't agree. Even given his past history in SBKs I just cannot see Colin Edwards being able to mix it up with Haga, Bayliss, Toseland (if he is still in SBK next year) and Biaggi etc at the level they are racing. He's a "text book" rider and bails when the going gets tough.
    I take it you did not watch Edwards vs. Bayliss for WSB 2002?

Personally I think he's one of the hardest WSB riders on the planet...
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chac47

I hope we get the opportunity to discuss this at length in 08' with Edwards in WSBK with Honda.

Edwards is not my favourite rider but I am wise enough to know he can compete with those you mention.

I can not explain Edward's results on the MotoGP Yamaha, but I do know anyone riding in Rossi's team is number 2.

Using a cricket term, Edwards is simply holding up an end.