Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jim mcglinchey
    On the Rossi tyre issue, MCN reports that Bridgestone have been threatened with expulsion from the 08 MotoGP if they dont supply Rossi, and Dorna will switch to a single ( Michelin ) tyre rule. This could turn ugly.
    That was also suggested by Julian Ryder on SuperbikePlanet.com. I think it's pathetic that the controlling body have such a bias towards one rider.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Max is said to be staying in WSBK on a full factory Ducati 1098 with the British GSE team, according to Dennis Noyes:
    http://www.speedtv.com/articles/moto...perbike/41197/

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmchairBikeFan
    Max is said to be staying in WSBK on a full factory Ducati 1098 with the British GSE team, according to Dennis Noyes:
    http://www.speedtv.com/articles/moto...perbike/41197/
    <raises eyebrow of suspicion>

I'll believe this one when I see it, I think. It may also be time to resurrect the seperate Max thread...again

As far as that article goes, the team lists bit doesn't mention Sofugolu, and Lorenzo Lanzi is already sorted on an RG Ducati for next year in WSB as opposed to Sterilgarda (though there's possibly a link-up between the squads...I had Lanzi down for Sterilgarda before the year ended).

That said, I would like to see GSE in WSB with Max, if it happens.
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's being quite widely reported that Max will be with GSE on a factory 1098 partnered by Leon Camier

Shimano is reported to be the team sponsor which makes sense as they are a personal sponsor of Max

I really hope it happens. With current champ JT leaving to MotoGP, WSB couldn't afford to lose Max too plus they need a Brit as the UK is still biggest market for WSB.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dean Ellison??
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A comeback from Niall McKenzie?
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good news for British fans out there, Bradley Smith has signed on with Polaris World Aprilia for 2008, he will be the only rider in the team and have an official Aprilia at his disposal, watch out for young Brad!

Also, 14 year old Scott Redding (from the Red Bull Academy) has signed a three year deal to ride with Blusens Aprilia next year, starting for two years in the 125s with an option to move to 250s in the third..

Happy days for u brits then
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jim mcglinchey
    On the Rossi tyre issue, MCN reports that Bridgestone have been threatened with expulsion from the 08 MotoGP if they dont supply Rossi, and Dorna will switch to a single ( Michelin ) tyre rule. This could turn ugly.
    All he needs now is find a bucket of red paint and another 20 hp mmaybe?
    And I keep getting asked why I dont respect Val more.....

What ya mean 'could' turn ugly its a little beyond that already eh!
    #1 #7 #13

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Everyone is now reporting that the GSE link to WSB is now off again

The current rumour is now Max alongside Xaus at Sterilgarda

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Didn't see the max/GSE thing happening.

GSE to wsbk was off a while ago when the sponsor they had lined up pulled out. Don't even see them in bsb next year if the rules aren't changed to suit ducati, which is areal shame as the are a top team.

Also Camier to GSE?, wouldn't they take haslam with them if they had been going to wsbk.