Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Silverstone '07

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuartf12007
    you wont see much action for £99 becuase there are people that put seats in the best spectator positions from Friday until the Grandprix is over.

Its an unfair practice but some people dont care.

So you may aswell pay the extra for a grandstand seat and get some fool with an airhorn in your ear.
    On the Friday they don't have restrictions so you can sit anywhere, Saturday isn't too bad but best to get there early. On Sunday, be there when the gates open, people don't leave stuff there over night so it's a first come first served basis to get the best spots.
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    The gates open at 5am, well it could be 5.30 actually. It always amazes me that the fist person in the gates still runs as fast as they can. The circuit is empty, there really is no need to run, you can pick your spot. The best places such as Luffield do get full within about 20 minutes of the gates opening. If your not prepared to get up early, your better off getting a grandstand ticket if you ask me.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GridGirl
    The best places such as Luffield do get full within about 20 minutes of the gates opening.
    Not so bad now that Luffield is in the Bronze Plus area, it costs more but last year wasn't as cramed as previous.

Still best to get there at 5:00 though

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    those people who have to run in as soon as it opens, they get on my nerves.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    The Luffield Bronze plus ticket was the best hing that Silverstone have done in years. It was so much nicer last year not to be jam packed in like a Sardine.

Stuart- this might sound an odd question but do you enjoy anything about the grand prix experience? You dont like air horns, you dont like getting up early, or any f1 fans usual behaviour.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The Luffield Bronze plus ticket was the best hing that Silverstone have done in years. It was so much nicer last year not to be jam packed in like a Sardine.

I rather like the whole 5:00 thing, getting in, settling down with coffee and bacon role, enjoying the atmosphere. Of course it would be a different matter if the weather is crap!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Yeah its good untill you wake up about 9am after settling down to a nice nap about 6am-ish, and even though your freezing you still find you've got sunburnt. Doh!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    re the camping, we have been the last couple of years, and camped in 04 when barrichello won the great gp, we phoned about on a friday afternoon, got turned down by about 4 sites, then found a massive site that has just opened up more field, was tenner a car, and about 5min from the track. IMO, its the best way to do things, bbq's, great atmosphere, meet loadsa ppl, tis like a party...

P.s Gettin up at 5am is all very well, but its the best way to get woken up by screaming engines if u are not in a rush

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah its good untill you wake up about 9am after settling down to a nice nap about 6am-ish, and even though your freezing you still find you've got sunburnt. Doh!
    You shouldn't start drinking so early :

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    We camped at Cavalier Fields last year. It was about £50 I think. Be prepared for a long walk though. It always seemed longer on the way back. As for the ticket, we got a seat on the Hangar Straight. If you get £99 general admission ticket, I recommend you make your way to Club Corner, there was plenty of space there and you get to see a good portion of the track
    Alright Stop; collaborate & listen.