Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    If nothing else Williams might embarrass the 'works' team at times mokin:
    I have wondered whether Toyota corporate would use this as a "get going" message to the Toyota F1 team. If, say, Williams has plenty more points than Toyota halfway it could be a powerful message to the chassis engineers in Cologne.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Well Williams have looked great at Jerez so far, if they keep this up then i would fancy them to cause a few surprises this season

Especially Wurz, he's been chomping for a drive for way too long and will want to make a good impression.
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
    Williams have rediscovered their hunger after their grim 2006, and are itching to have a go. The chassis looks reasonably effective so far. Whether Toyota engines was the way to go, well the jury is still out on that one.

I certainly would not rule out Williams outperforming Toyota in 2007. Williams are still very much a "race team", quick on their feet and, whilst the cliche about the Toyota corporate monolith may still hold true. Toyota have simply got to start producing REAL results.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'd wanted to believe you, but Williams only can go worse and worse... It reminds me to Tyrrell's last years, sadly... If young people entered to the team, Williams might survive some years, but the end of Historic Independent Teams (McLaren included...) is next...

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VresiBerba
    I think that Toyota would have some trouble giving anything less to Williams than what they use themselves mostly because of the homologation rules. They would practically have to build a completely different engine for Williams to accomplish that.
    and I for one would expect them to do exactly that! When the long life engine rule was introduced the same thing was said and that the engine builders would have to supply the same engine to their customer teams to avoid huge costs - but thats exactly what they did. Customer teams will always play second fiddle to a works team and Frank and co are certainly old enough and wise enough to know that.
    Which is why I believe they have built a stonking car this year and will put on over Toyota even with an inferior engine.

Here's hoping anyway

Sonic
    Success without honor is an unseasoned dish; it will satisfy your hunger, but it won't taste good